School trips and sleeping arrangements

bet the teachers got a nice bed to themselves and didn't share!! These places know how many kids are booked in and paid for so shouldnt be allowed to make kids share. Im sure with Health & Safety been like it is these days, there would be issues there!!

They don't know how lucky they are do they? Not only do they get their own beds, they also get take someone else's kids away.

hi..are you really sure they had to share beds and not just bed rooms or floor space ?.. you need to check with the school as this is totally unacceptable and not the sort of thing i would expect from a school trip. You're not over reacting it is unacceptable i wouldn't be happy. Kids need their own space even at nite. x

As a kid didnt you ever have sleepovers with your friends where there were 3 or 4 of you cramped into a bed. ? it was part of the fun ,and totally harmless.

didnt you ever go camping as a kid with friends ,and all sleep under on big, unzipped sleeping bag ? It s part of kids growing up NORMALLY , there is nothing sinsiter about it .

As a kid didnt you ever have sleepovers with your friends where there were 3 or 4 of you cramped into a bed. ? it was part of the fun ,and totally harmless.

didnt you ever go camping as a kid with friends ,and all sleep under on big, unzipped sleeping bag ? It s part of kids growing up NORMALLY , there is nothing sinsiter about it .

ofcourse and i do think this sleep overs are normal and fantastic.. but we aren't talking sleepovers etc we're talking school trips that cost loads and you'd expect adequate facilities e.g. a bed each. I don't think sharing a bed on a school trip is in any way harmful... i just think that the trip should involve the kids having a bed each to sleep in... thats wot you pay for after all.. unless the school tells you in advance that the kids will be sharing beds and the price of the trip reflects that. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My school trip there were 2 to a tent and we had to share, I dont think my parents were told of this, if they were told I dont think it would of made a blind bit of difference, just like now my youngest boy aged 10 is going on a school trip next year and I dont expect they will all have there own beds, if it didnt bother any other child on that trip why should it bother the parents, its the adults that make the sleeping in the same bed seedy not the children at that age they dont care and why should they.

My child has recently returned home from a school trip and advised me that the whole class has had to share BEDS.

Although they are of the same sex i feel that this was inapropriate due to the fact that no one parent was made aware.

Am i over reacting?

Does any one know if there are any regulations regarding this?

I wouldn't like it. How old are they?

Archived