My Grandfather.Arnold ShawWebster.

johannaA

I have discovered,today that my late Grandfather lived in Hoole Street,Sheffield.He was Arnold Shaw Webster and he died in 1968.I am seeking information about this street and ultimately trying to find any details about his life...I hope that someone maybe able to help me,thankyou,JohannaA

Arthur Shaw Webster was born 1886 in Sheffield - his father was John Webster table grinder and mother Sarah. By the time he was 4 his mother was dead. He had several siblings - 1891 census shows:

Alice Webster 20

Edith Webster 18

John Wm Webster 16

Thomas E Webster 13

Annie E Webster 11

Arnold S Webster 4

the 1881 census shows three more

Walter Webster 19

Herbert Webster 17

Thirza Webster 15

hope this is the correct family and helps get you started

Thankyou for your reply,Mary....I have these details already but was curious about the time of Sarahs death,so this information helps me.Arnold was the son of Thirza,not Sarah so this census entry is quite misleading.I am now trying to trace John Dyson who I believe was Arnolds Father and any details of Arnolds life after 1914..I am waiting to receive Arnolds Birth Cert.which may offer me a clue.So,Thankyou agasin ,Johanna

Archived