Changing our wedding venue

We have booked Town Hall Registry Office for our wedding day next year Aug but only to be told that there will only be morning weddings on that day which i dident really want so now were looking at getting married at Handsworth Church as family members would prefer me to get married there has anyone or knows anyone who had a wedding there could tell me how much and what its like ? Were going up Thursday night to meet the vicar to talk about what we want etc :help:

Were you wanting a saturday wedding? The town hall only does up until 11am or something don't they? I did originally choose a Friday (11.11.11) and Town hall was my first thought, but when I saw the pricing wasn't too much more, I thought we may as well go with the more personal church option! x

Assuming also the church hasnt got any weddings other than yours on the same day, you wont be so rushed for time which i have seen at the town hall. As Leah said, its a bit more personal, not really the general public wondering about getting in the way, photographically speaking they area nuisance!

Agree, I've been to many weddings at the town hall, trying to take photos with kids running round the peace gardens etc is a joke! Then theres the nosy grannies watching whats going on on the front steps :hihi:

I'm sure you only get a half hour window too, and the bride and groom have to go into a room together before the ceremony, which I think ruins it!

A church wedding is about 45 minutes my vicar has told me, but you won't be rushed, as they have a 90 minute window between them (at my church anyway) x

Yea i know its a rush job at the town hall we booked our wedding a few month ago to be told we will be in contact about your wedding time which i wasnt to happy about as i wanted to start sorting numbers invites etc and also with booking other things in i couldent tell them an exact time as i dident have 1 until yesterday by email but it was to early for me meant my guests would be stood around all day wondering how to kill time until the reception party at a local bar, Im not to keen on the seeing the groom before the wedding to think it spoils everything at the end of the day you want your groom to look up the isle and say WOW and seeing each other before to sign papers isnt going to allow that to happen so fingers crossed i get my date at my chosen church when i go see them Thursday a church is more personal and more romantic and it means more people can see us getting married from both sides which wernt allowed at the registry office :)

Archived