Questions to ask venues

Have been struggling for a bit now to know where to begin with getting a venue sorted, but have shortlisted it down to 3ish, which we're going to try and make appointments to go and see! Does anyone have any tips on what questions we need to be asking when we go visiting? A couple of them are package deals, and I've heard that there are sometimes hidden extras with these, like paying more for crockery, and corkage charges and stuff.

I'm just trying to get a handle on costs and stuff, our budget isn't the biggest, and I'd be grateful for any heads up on those little things that get overlooked! :D

You need to check whether you can organise your own entertainemnt - band dj etc - some venues insist you have theirs or charge you for having your own.

Also check out drinks on arrival - cost and corkage.

Do they charge extra for extra guests in the evening?

Will they let you put your own decorations on the tables and in the venue?

Lots of venues also charge for things to keep the children entertained - games and activities.

Good luck!

I would also check whether guests have to pay for parking?

Do you have to pay any money for insurance, (if anything gets broken)?

How many people will be serving the meal, If only two or three it may take ages?

Have a great wedding day

Its all about hidden costs, the best options are the 'all in packages' which will give you a figure for the day instead of a rough idea, although there will be guest restrictions. Perhaps the biggest question you can ask with the amount of money spent on these things is 'does that include VAT'.

Archived