Occupy London - Occupy Protests go global!

one thing the Occupy crowd need to be shouting for are measures to be put in place to protect the majority from the Elite, Magna carta and the US constitution were written for this reason .

Magna Carta was written to protect the Barons from the King, neither of them cared two hoots for the peasants

The only changes required are to take the world's central banks out of private hands and stop issuing money in the form of debt.

can you achieve growth by doing that though?

It'll be difficult to achieve, as most of the current wars on terrorism seem more like wars on countries with nationalised central banks to me.

so it's out turn next then.......

can you achieve growth by doing that though?

so it's out turn next then.......

If all money is issued as debt, the only growth you can possibly get is to the debt. You could cause the appearance of economic growth, but ultimately, it'll lead to where we are today.

Luckily for us, we have the usual international bankers in charge of our nominally-nationalised central bank :thumbsup:

There are ethical banks that operate like any other high street bank, allowing you to receive BACS and use ATM's and all that. The difference is how they invest.

I've seen something like this before but to be honest I haven't yet researched them enough to completely make up my mind. At first glance they seem a good first step. I'm sure you are probably aware of the following but for others please take the time to have a look.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/

- this virtually sums up what the TZM is about in under 4minutes.

I'm pretty sure our government is made up almost entirely of former bankers and lawyers. Which is why we will never see any real change whilst we put up with one flawed manifesto after another. British politics is in the dark ages. Even if a few politicians did have OUR best interests at heart, any changes would still have to get past the Lords and peers.

For me capitalism is only the jugular of OUR corrupt WORLD.

A resource based economy, where science is not funded on the basis of returning a profit seems a pretty good place to start. You can give it any title that pleases you if you need label to hang on it.

Well you had around 12 years of Labour government. What were they made up of? What did they achieve in that 12 years? Seems like they left the country in a bit of a mess before Cameron took over

Magna Carta was written to protect the Barons from the King, neither of them cared two hoots for the peasants

aye the peasant gets the raw deal again nothing changes eh ! :D

there are a few paragraphs in the magna Carta which state all men should be subject to the law of the land have the right to trial etc . but i dont mean to split heirs over the Magna catra, i just wanted to point out that it was concieved to limit those who could abuse their power. and that the world could benefit from a modern day equivalent .

Well you had around 12 years of Labour government. What were they made up of? What did they achieve in that 12 years? Seems like they left the country in a bit of a mess before Cameron took over

They were made up of the same, and that is my point. Treating every aspect of modern society as a business is retarded. Especially when the global markets are made up of fictitious numbers that always result in the same thing- an enternity of debt for most of us. I'll say it again it and even go further, the so called modern democracy is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

They were made up of the same, and that is my point. Treating every aspect of modern society as a business is retarded. Especially when the global markets are made up of fictitious numbers that always result in the same thing- an enternity of debt for most of us. I'll say it again it and even go further, the so called modern democracy is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

Do you have a current account, savings or a pension? If you do, you're a bit of a hypocrite, aren't you?

Do you have a current account, savings or a pension? If you do, you're a bit of a hypocrite, aren't you?

How do you figure that out?

That's about as stupid as saying you can't talk in favour of green issues if you've ever flown anywhere or drive a car.

What kind of argument is that? The whole point is that we have no say over the economic system we are forced to live under. And as yet there exists no opt out.

Archived