Occupy London - Occupy Protests go global!

Even if it were a possibility, why should people give up on society because of the actions of a tiny minority? Surely they would be better staying where they are and confronting the systems which allow a parasitical elite to grow ever richer and more powerful at the expense of everyone else.

It's the way it's always been and probably always will be.

Some people earn more than you. Some people earn a lot more than you.

Some people earn less than you. Some people earn a lot less than you.

You can get jealous and angry and have a bit of a public tantrum (as these protestors are doing) that will achieve no purpose. Or you can just accept things the way they are and stop worrying about it.

I've chosen the second option and am perfectly happy with my life within a capitalist society. What about you?

good for you rickie its nice to know someone's happy with there lot .

mean-while for those who still have a grip on reality , have you seen the latest from the riots in Athens, its urban warfare

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/jun/29/athens-riots-greek-general-strike-in-pictures#/?picture=376304680&index=15

public tantrum ? :hihi:

some good pictures on the guardian website , a lot of rioters were wearing gas masks , these folks were planning on clashing with the police.

As the austerity bites and the Debt transfer continues i think we can be sure to see a lot more of this.

might be a good time to invest in a Gas mask ! :hihi:

Occupy Sheffield planning meeting

Time: 26th October · 20:00 - 22:00

The Benjamin Huntsman, Wetherspoons 12 Cambridge Street,

Created by: Andy Cropper

More info

This is a planning meeting for Occupy Sheffield where anyone interested in organising and supporting the event can come and meet, chat and work out the 'what', 'where' and 'how ' of an Occupation in Sheffield

things to think on before coming

What can you offer?

Where do you think we should 'occupy'?

What do we need to consider before and during our occupation?

How else can you help?

plus do take time to think of any other questions that you think may be applicable

*update* if there are too many of us for Wetherspoons we'll go to the steps of the City Hall opposite John Lewis

link for google map directions-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wetherspoons&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=wetherspoons&hnear=0x48790aa9fae8be15%3A0x3e2827f5af06b078%2CSheffield&ei=S2mgTqeOL5Ou8QOy0cjbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAUQtgM&iwloc=cids%3A9766640228981524059

Occupy Sheffield planning meeting

Time: 26th October · 20:00 - 22:00

The Benjamin Huntsman, Wetherspoons 12 Cambridge Street,

Created by: Andy Cropper

More info

This is a planning meeting for Occupy Sheffield where anyone interested in organising and supporting the event can come and meet, chat and work out the 'what', 'where' and 'how ' of an Occupation in Sheffield

things to think on before coming

What can you offer?

Where do you think we should 'occupy'?

What do we need to consider before and during our occupation?

How else can you help?

plus do take time to think of any other questions that you think may be applicable

*update* if there are too many of us for Wetherspoons we'll go to the steps of the City Hall opposite John Lewis

link for google map directions-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=wetherspoons&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=wetherspoons&hnear=0x48790aa9fae8be15%3A0x3e2827f5af06b078%2CSheffield&ei=S2mgTqeOL5Ou8QOy0cjbBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAUQtgM&iwloc=cids%3A9766640228981524059

Are tinfoil hats provided or do people have to bring their own?

Oh and "if there are too many of us for Wetherspoons"????? You won't attract enough people to fill one of Wetherspoon's toilet cubicles!

good for you rickie its nice to know someone's happy with there lot .

mean-while for those who still have a grip on reality , have you seen the latest from the riots in Athens, its urban warfare

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/jun/29/athens-riots-greek-general-strike-in-pictures#/?picture=376304680&index=15

public tantrum ? :hihi:

some good pictures on the guardian website , a lot of rioters were wearing gas masks , these folks were planning on clashing with the police.

As the austerity bites and the Debt transfer continues i think we can be sure to see a lot more of this.

might be a good time to invest in a Gas mask ! :hihi:

Anyone who thinks the Guardian's anti-establishment propaganda has any relation to truth doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

The reason why there's a significant minority of left-wing protesters rioting in Greece is essentially that the Greeks are a backward, primitive and excitable people whose response to anything they can't understand is to cause trouble.

The British are renowned for maintaining their dignity and "stiff upper lip" and the majority of us would never resort to that kind of disorder, it simply isn't in our national mentality. That's why the Greek protests could never happen here.

Are tinfoil hats provided or do people have to bring their own?

Oh and "if there are too many of us for Wetherspoons"????? You won't attract enough people to fill one of Wetherspoon's toilet cubicles!

Dont worry rickie, you dont have to come. I know you will be busy coming up with an excuse to tell your grandchildren why you didnt help stop the government destroying this country and the lives of the future generations.:gag:

You selfish arrogant sod!

and for the record theres already over 25 people attending.

Dont worry rickie, you dont have to come. I know you will be busy coming up with an excuse to tell your grandchildren why you didnt help stop the government destroying this country and the lives of the future generations.:gag:

You selfish arrogant sod!

and for the record theres already over 25 people attending.

Let's hope that both the police and the staff of Wetherspoons are aware of these enemies of society and keep a close eye on them.

@ rickiethecat. I'm sorry that you feel you have nothing to offer to the society that you are so happy to live in.

I too am very happy with my life. I have fabulous twin boys, a loving and supportive partner and good friends. But the things I enjoy within our society are things beyond the control of those who have assumed authority. I recognise the danger of ever increasing legislation and regulation. Has any one ever noticed how quickly Martin Lewis has to speak, and how he always end with 'if we had more time...'? We will always be playing catch up unless we demand progressive change.

@dabuckle. Make that over 26 and probably much more, many of my friends have been discussing going to London to join in but due to family commitments and the employment trap are struggling to make it a reality. This could be the solution!

@ rickiethecat. I'm sorry that you feel you have nothing to offer to the society that you are so happy to live in.

I too am very happy with my life. I have fabulous twin boys, a loving and supportive partner and good friends. But the things I enjoy within our society are things beyond the control of those who have assumed authority. I recognise the danger of ever increasing legislation and regulation. Has any one ever noticed how quickly Martin Lewis has to speak, and how he always end with 'if we had more time...'? We will always be playing catch up unless we demand progressive change.

@dabuckle. Make that over 26 and probably much more, many of my friends have been discussing going to London to join in but due to family commitments and the employment trap are struggling to make it a reality. This could be the solution!

Fantastic!:D Spread the word!

Archived