The Demise Of The Public Toilets

I've dredged this up from the archives as I was wondering if people were aware that Sheffield City Council ran a 'Community Toilet Scheme'.

I was caught short this afternoon in town, and as everyone is aware Sheffield does have a problem with the lack of community facilities. I emailed the council to give them some feedback, and on their website I found this information:

We would like to thank the owners of the premises listed below for their help with this partnership scheme to provide more publicly available toilets in Sheffield.

■B&Q, Greenland Road, S9 5HE

■Bankers Draft, Market Place, S1 2GH

■Benjamin Huntsman, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

■Debenhams, The Moor, S1 3LR

■Frog and Parrot, Division Street, S1 4GF

■Henry's Bar, Wellington Street S1 4HS

■John Lewis, Barkers Pool, S1 1EP

■Lifestyle Centre, Beighton, S20 1HE

■Lloyds, The Sheffield Waterworks Company, Division Street, S1 4GF

■Morrisons, Ecclesfield, S35 9WJ

■Morrisons, Meadowhead, S8 7UE

■Morrisons, Penistone Road, S6 2GY

■Orchard Square, City Centre, S1 2FB

■Sheffield Railway Station, Sheaf Square, S1 2BP

■SOYO, Rockingham Street, S1 4EB

■Swim Inn, Glossop Road, S10 2GW

■The Varsity, West Street, S1 4EW

■The Wick At Both Ends, West Street, S1 4EW

■Sorby House, Spital Hill, S4 7LG

■Walkabout, Caver Street, S1 4FS

■Yates's, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you're caught short. According to the council website, the aim of the partnership is to "Address the problem of the reduction in numbers of public toilets in towns and cities throughout the UK", just in case you wondered what your council tax went on.

I've dredged this up from the archives as I was wondering if people were aware that Sheffield City Council ran a 'Community Toilet Scheme'.

I was caught short this afternoon in town, and as everyone is aware Sheffield does have a problem with the lack of community facilities. I emailed the council to give them some feedback, and on their website I found this information:

We would like to thank the owners of the premises listed below for their help with this partnership scheme to provide more publicly available toilets in Sheffield.

■B&Q, Greenland Road, S9 5HE

■Bankers Draft, Market Place, S1 2GH

■Benjamin Huntsman, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

■Debenhams, The Moor, S1 3LR

■Frog and Parrot, Division Street, S1 4GF

■Henry's Bar, Wellington Street S1 4HS

■John Lewis, Barkers Pool, S1 1EP

■Lifestyle Centre, Beighton, S20 1HE

■Lloyds, The Sheffield Waterworks Company, Division Street, S1 4GF

■Morrisons, Ecclesfield, S35 9WJ

■Morrisons, Meadowhead, S8 7UE

■Morrisons, Penistone Road, S6 2GY

■Orchard Square, City Centre, S1 2FB

■Sheffield Railway Station, Sheaf Square, S1 2BP

■SOYO, Rockingham Street, S1 4EB

■Swim Inn, Glossop Road, S10 2GW

■The Varsity, West Street, S1 4EW

■The Wick At Both Ends, West Street, S1 4EW

■Sorby House, Spital Hill, S4 7LG

■Walkabout, Caver Street, S1 4FS

■Yates's, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you're caught short. According to the council website, the aim of the partnership is to "Address the problem of the reduction in numbers of public toilets in towns and cities throughout the UK", just in case you wondered what your council tax went on.

I notice Sheffield Bus Station isn't on the list,I needed to go when i got off the bus the other day,but they charge 20 pence in the ladies now :o so i held on till i got to Marks&Spencers.

My very favourite public conveniences in Sheffield are the ones just next to the Town Hall. Worth every penny of your 20p.

New York has to be the worst city in the World for bogs. There is always a bigger queue for the loo at Starbucks than there is for the coffee!

Archived