Census information about boarders & Lodgers

iansheff

Does anyone know what the difference is between a boarder and lodger? The reason I am asking is I have been looking information up on the Ancestry site. On the 1871 census a relative has his family, his father in law, a 21 year old with the same surname as the F in L and is down as a boarder and another person who is 24 as a lodger. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Does anyone know what the difference is between a boarder and lodger? The reason I am asking is I have been looking information up on the Ancestry site. On the 1871 census a relative has his family, his father in law, a 21 year old with the same surname as the F in L and is down as a boarder and another person who is 24 as a lodger. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Post your question on Sheffield Records On Line or Sheffield Indexers and I'm sure you'll find out.

Archived