Should I be annoyed at being called racist?

Absolutely sure, sure as water is wet. Leviticus chapter 17. What a lot of people don't realise is that Islam and Christianity is essentially the same religion with a few slight tweaks.

Regarding ham and Christmas, it has been a long time since most traditions have had anything to do with Christianity, in fact quite a lot directly contravene religious law.

Okay, I won't get into that bit then. :) I leave that kind of talk to the church goers and for them to really hash it out. I really don't know the whole of the Bible to be honest. I was just curious. I guess I have an idea of why and how things came about then. :hihi: I wondered whether it is related to the cultural side of things then. Having Ham from the ye olde kings and queens' days, rather than from a religious viewpoint. I am curious, but I guess I better not dig. :hihi: I hope to sleep well tonight, so I better not think about that now.

I posted my previous comment based on page 1.

It seems a perfectly innocent thread, a newcomer needing advice, has been hijacked once again.

That's probably SF's fault, when you try to start a new topic it gives you suggestions on topics you can just add to, instead of starting a new one.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 22:28 ----------

Hendersons relish is haraam, it contains alcohol.

Alcohol isn't harram, it would be a very stupid God to ban something that occurs naturally in many fruits, which is probably why the Qur'an doesn't describe it as harram. You are just not permitted by your God to attend prays whilst intoxicated.

Absolutely sure, sure as water is wet. Leviticus chapter 17. What a lot of people don't realise is that Islam and Christianity is essentially the same religion with a few slight tweaks.

Regarding ham and Christmas, it has been a long time since most traditions have had anything to do with Christianity, in fact quite a lot directly contravene religious law.

Chapter 11, and yet muslims eat camel.

That's probably SF's fault, when you try to start a new topic it gives you suggestions on topics you can just add to, instead of starting a new one.

What new topic were they looking to start that hasn't already been covered (10 fold).

If it was a topic pertaining to last nights programme, start a new one.

Apologies to to original poster, please don't let this (whatever it's descended to) thread, put you off the Sheffield Forum.

It's a lovely place, with (mostly), lovely folk.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 22:28 ----------

Alcohol isn't harram, it would be a very stupid God to ban something that occurs naturally in many fruits, which is probably why the Qur'an doesn't describe it as harram. You are just not permitted by your God to attend prays whilst intoxicated.

Alcohol is haraam so stop trying to tell me about Islam.

The alcohol produced naturally by the body doesn't intoxicate you and if you go deeper into it the reason alcohol is haraam is because when drunk you are not in control of yourself so physically drinking alcohol is haraam.

Are you getting your info from an EDL translated Qur'an?

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 23:58 ----------

Chapter 11, and yet muslims eat camel.

Some people in this world eat dogs, what's your point!

Yep, but that presumably wouldn't bother Christians that is forbidden from eating animals that are slaughtered in the name a false God.

But according to you and the EDL man, eating Kingsmill bread should bother Christians.

**No animals were harmed during its production**

Archived