Should I be annoyed at being called racist?

Alcohol is haraam so stop trying to tell me about Islam.

The alcohol produced naturally by the body doesn't intoxicate you and if you go deeper into it the reason alcohol is haraam is because when drunk you are not in control of yourself so physically drinking alcohol is haraam.

Are you getting your info from an EDL translated Qur'an?

Plenty of animals get intoxicated eating ripe fruit because it's alcohol content increases has it ripens, a God would know this so wouldn't ban it, your book doesn't make alcohol haraam but it does worn of the dangers of intoxication. You are permitted to consume alcohol but not attend prayers whilst intoxicated, obviously as with all religious texts the more extreme Muslims will take the words to the very extreme of their meaning and deny themselves the pleasure of alcohol consumption, the less extreme Muslims are more than happy to consume it because it isn't haraam, and no it doesn't come from the EDL, it comes from your book and the less extreme Muslims.

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 07:10 ----------

But according to you and the EDL man, eating Kingsmill bread should bother Christians.

**No animals were harmed during its production**

I know, but he clearly thought that because it was halal, it did contain animal products, why are you finding this so difficult to grasp, the vast majority of people don't know what all the ingredients are in their food, and the word halal is mostly associated with meat products, so its an easy mistake to make.

I know, but he clearly thought that because it was halal, it did contain animal products, why are you finding this so difficult to grasp, the vast majority of people don't know what all the ingredients are in their food, and the work halal is mostly associated with meat products, so its an easy mistake to make.

So despite what you said earlier about him being 'right', he was in fact very wrong.

Just in case you'd forgotten

I know it's marketing, and it doesn't change the fact that the EDL member was right, when you claimed he was wrong.

So despite what you said earlier about him being 'right', he was in fact very wrong.

Just in case you'd forgotten

He was right when he said Christians can't eat halal food, most foods that are marked halhal do contain animal products, and some Christians won't eat animals that were slaughtered to a false God. Most normal people don't Google the list of ingredients to find out what everything is, so most normal people will simply think it does contain animal products and avoid eating it if it is against their religious beliefs.

If you aren't allowed to eat nuts and you see the words may contain nuts, would you avoid the food or check all the ingredients to make sure it doesn't.

Halal is the same, food marked halal may contain religiously slaughtered animal products, so if you can't consume such products would you just avoid it or check out all the ingredient.

You appear happy to help Muslims by labeling food halhal, but you expect other groups to know what all the ingredients are.

This is how the oxford dictionary defines the word Halal.

Denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law:

He was right when he said Christians can't eat halal food,
No, he actually points to the loaf of bread and says Christians cannot eat it. Incidentally, Christians can eat halal food unlike their Muslim cousins there aren't any restrictions on eating meat that's been religiously slaughtered.

most foods that are marked halhal do contain animal products, and some Christians won't eat animals that were slaughtered to a false God. Most normal people don't Google the list of ingredients to find out what everything is, so most normal people will simply think it does contain animal products and avoid eating it if it is against their religious beliefs.

I wouldn't describe EDL members as 'normal people', they have a grievance against Muslims so I'd expect them to be especially wary of scrutinising food that had been 'Islamified'.

You appear happy to help Muslims by labeling food halhal, but you expect other groups to know what all the ingredients are.

I'm not bothered what the labelling says, Im not the one having a dickyfit over the commercial decision of a business to change their labelling in order to attract more customers.

He was right when he said Christians can't eat halal food, most foods that are marked halhal do contain animal products, and some Christians won't eat animals that were slaughtered to a false God. Most normal people don't Google the list of ingredients to find out what everything is, so most normal people will simply think it does contain animal products and avoid eating it if it is against their religious beliefs.

No he wasn't, he was talking utter rubbish.

No, he actually points to the loaf of bread and says Christians cannot eat it. Incidentally, Christians can eat halal food unlike their Muslim cousins there aren't any restrictions on eating meat that's been religiously slaughtered.
Yes a loaf of bread with the word halal written on it.

And Christians are forbidden from eating meat that is slaughtered in the name of a false God, most ignore this rules but some don't.

So most people will just avoid it if they aren't permitted to eat it, very few people will Google the ingredients to check if it does or doesn't contain animal products.

Yes a loaf of bread with the word halal written on it.

And Christians are forbidden from eating meat that is slaughtered in the name of a false God, most ignore this rules but some don't.

Christians can eat Kingsmill bread, there's no religiously slaughtered ingredients in it.

Christians can eat religiously slaughtered meat, read Romans 14:20. I remember having this confirmed by the former user Grahame, who is as devout a Christian as it's possible to be. Halal meat isn't being sacrificed to a 'false idol'.

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 08:23 ----------

So most people will just avoid it if they aren't permitted to eat it, very few people will Google the ingredients to check if it does or doesn't contain animal products.

They don't have to, the ingredients are right there on the loaf they pick up to buy in their supermarket.

Christians can eat Kingsmill bread, there's no religiously slaughtered ingredients in it.

You know that and I know that but someone that doesn't know that and sees the word halal will simply avoid it if they are not permitted to eat animal products, because this is how the English dictionary define the word.

Denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law.

Christians can eat religiously slaughtered meat, read Romans 14:20. I remember having this confirmed by the former user Grahame, who is as devout a Christian as it's possible to be. Halal meat isn't being sacrificed to a 'false idol'.

Muslims and Christians can eat any meat they want to eat because their isn't a God, that doesn't alter the fact that some Muslims and Christians won't eat meat that is killed in the name of a false God.

Halal meat isn't being sacrificed to a 'false idol'.

That's a matter of belief and opinion, I know that God doesn't exist so it doesn't matter one why or the other to me. But some people do believe in God and some believe that Allah is the false God worshiped by Muslims.

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 08:30 ----------

They don't have to, the ingredients are right there on the loaf they pick up to buy in their supermarket.

What is the cause of the Emulsifiers? It doesn't tell you in the list of ingredients and many Emulsifiers come from animals.

Alcohol is haraam so stop trying to tell me about Islam.

The alcohol produced naturally by the body doesn't intoxicate you and if you go deeper into it the reason alcohol is haraam is because when drunk you are not in control of yourself so physically drinking alcohol is haraam.

Are you getting your info from an EDL translated Qur'an?

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 23:58 ----------

Some people in this world eat dogs, what's your point!

Supposedly same following of Abrahamic religion.

The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.

You know that and I know that but someone that doesn't know that and sees the word halal will simply avoid it if they are not permitted to eat animal products, because this is how the English dictionary define the word.

Denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law.

That's entirely their choice what they choose to eat and avoid, but ranting incoherently about their reasons for doing so when those reasons are untrue is what we're discussing here-the EDL man was wrong and I doubt very much he'd familiarised himself with definitions from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Muslims and Christians can eat any meat they want to eat because their isn't a God, that doesn't alter the fact that some Muslims and Christians won't eat meat that is killed in the name of a false God.

You and the EDL man said Christians can't eat halal food-they can and they can certainly eat Kingsmill bread, whatever their personal view on religiously slaughtered meat.

That's a matter of belief and opinion, I know that God doesn't exist so it doesn't matter one why or the other to me. But some people do believe in God and some believe that Allah is the false God worshiped by Muslims.

That has nothing to do with whether they can eat halal meat or not, Christians dont regard it as an act of worship if they do so.

Archived