Should I be annoyed at being called racist?

Of course it matters because he was making the statement so his family and TV viewers would make negative conclusions about the 'Islamification' of Britain, the fact that probably all the bread sold at his local shop was halal before the new labelling didn't trouble him.

That's a contradiction and an assumption, we don't know if all the bread is or was halal or if it contains animal products from animals killed according to Islamic rituals.

Back to your apples and tomatoes analogy..all apples and tomatoes are halal, always have been, but stick a label on it proclaiming it as such and the shallow thinkers start having involuntary spasms. It seems hatred of something can be acquired simply by its association with a word, rather than what it actually is.
I know, and the reason they don't have to stick a labels on is because they can't contain ritually slaughtered meat.

He said "if you're Christian you cannot eat it"-3 minutes into the broadcast.
How do you know that he doesn't know a group of Christians that can't eat it because they think it contains ritually slaughter animal products, its the belief of some Christian and they might be the only Christians that he knows.

I challenge them regularly on an Islamic forum I occasionally contribute to, where Im often accused by the Islamists of being an apologist for non Muslims.
I shall have to take your word for it.

I didn't assume anything it's what he said.
I didn't think for one moment that he meant all Christians, we obviously think differently.

It doesn't need to be but it is on food items made up of component ingredients.

That's right because they may contain animals products from ritually slaughtered animals, which is the point I have been unsuccessfully trying to make to you.

That's a contradiction and an assumption, we don't know if all the bread is or was halal or if it contains animal products from animals killed according to Islamic rituals.
What we do know is that the 'halal' loaf of Kingmill the EDL member was referring to was halal. His statement about it being impossible to buy a non halal at his local shop was also untrue, unless it was run by Islamic fundamentalists.

I know, and the reason they don't have to stick a labels on is because they can't contain ritually slaughtered meat.

Or any ingredient which might be regarded as haram.

How do you know that he doesn't know a group of Christians that can't eat it because they think it contains ritually slaughter animal products, its the belief of some Christian and they might be the only Christians that he knows.

I'd rather not speculate on that remote possibility.

I didn't think for one moment that he meant all Christians, we obviously think differently.

I think the people who watched the programme can make their own minds up, the quote is 3 minutes in.

That's right because they may contain animals products from ritually slaughtered animals, which is the point I have been unsuccessfully trying to make to you.

That isn't what halal means though, which is the point I and others have unsuccessfully been trying to make to you.

If the bread had been made with beer, it would not have been halal.

It may contain alcohol, Hendersons relish is an example.

Which sums it up nicely. Muslims believe there is an all-powerful god who doesn't want people to consume Hendersons relish. It is absurd and we should not make any compromises that encourage the perpetuation of beliefs that are an affront to common sense and logic.

What we do know is that the 'halal' loaf of Kingmill the EDL member was referring to was halal. His statement about it being impossible to buy a non halal at his local shop was also untrue, unless it was run by Islamic fundamentalists.

That's is just an unproven belief on your part, in realty you don't actually know that he couldn't buy an non halal loaf.

Or any ingredient which might be regarded as haram.

That would be rotting flesh, blood, pig and any product derived from an animal that was killed in the name of a God other than Allah.

I'd rather not speculate on that remote possibility.

But you already have by claiming he was lying.

I think the people who watched the programme can make their own minds up, the quote is 3 minutes in.
I agree.

That isn't what halal means though, which is the point I and others have unsuccessfully been trying to make to you.

I know and no matter how many times I say that I know it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

If the bread had been made with beer, it would not have been halal.

Alcohol isn't haraam, so there is no reason for it not to be halal.

That's is just an unproven belief on your part, in realty you don't actually know that he couldn't buy an non halal loaf.

That would be rotting flesh, blood, pig and any product derived from an animal that was killed in the name of a God other than Allah.

But you already have by claiming he was lying.

I agree.

I know and no matter how many times I say that I know it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Alcohol isn't haraam, so there is no reason for it not to be halal.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree, I'll leave it at that.

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 18:34 ----------

Which sums it up nicely. Muslims believe there is an all-powerful god who doesn't want people to consume Hendersons relish. It is absurd and we should not make any compromises that encourage the perpetuation of beliefs that are an affront to common sense and logic.

Henderson's aren't making any compromises though.

Orthodox Muslims don't use Henderson's, a shame really, they don't know what they're missing.

Archived