Should I be annoyed at being called racist?

I appreciate your narcissistic views but people with a lack of sagacity should still be treat with respect. I guess you disagree, mocking them is acceptable to you.

I'm mocking no one, simply pointing out an obvious flaw in their argument, had I referred to him as the 'fat bloke in the t-shirt', you might have a point.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 17:24 ----------

Are there really people that thick out there? Kind of depressing to think that there are really...

It would appear so, also laughable was their dislike of being stereotyped, failing to observe the glaring irony in what is the subject of their universal indignation.

Love the quote from the bloke wearing the 'police are criminals' t-shirt.

Whining about the prevalence of Sharia Law he points at a loaf of bread and proclaims, "it's halal, if you're a Christian you can't eat it", missing the point that it's actually no different from any other bread he eats, the labelling just intended to tell Muslims there's nothing banned in it from their perspective..doh!

But he was right though, some Christians won't eat halal products.

Bread can contain animal products, and if it does those products must be sourced from halal slaughtered animals.

Here's what some Christians think of Halal and Islam.

Halal Meat: What is the Christian Position?

But he was right though, some Christians won't eat halal products.

Bread can contain animal products, and if it does those products must be sourced from halal slaughtered animals.

Here's what some Christians think of Halal and Islam.

Halal Meat: What is the Christian Position?

Thanks for that, and yes I'd agree, but the problem is too many people are ready to wax lyrical about 'Islamification' without being in full possession of the facts or disregarding them.

The fact is Kingsmill bread has always been suitable for Muslims and vegetarians, because it's never contained any ingredients derived from livestock.

The majority of the brand’s products are suitable for vegetarians – with the exception of Kingsmill 50/50 with Omega 3, which contains fish-derived Omega 3 – and while they have always been suitable for a halal diet, the firm said it sought recognition to tie in with its packaging relaunch, announced last month.

This accreditation certifies that those Kingsmill bread and bakery goods with the Halal Food Authority logo are allowed under Islamic dietary guidelines, said the firm.

http://www.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/archivestory.php/aid/9567/Kingsmill_gains_halal_certification.html

They've done what any smart business would do, made sure their labelling reflects the customers their products are suitable for, who might otherwise buy bread elsewhere.

What a shame these imbeciles, 'Boycott Halal', put their mouth into gear before their brain and created further discord where none need have existed, what did they think, that the breadcakes were 'inhumanely slaughtered'?

Thanks for that, and yes I'd agree, but the problem is too many people are ready to wax lyrical about 'Islamification' without being in full possession of the facts or disregarding them.

The fact is Kingsmill bread has always been suitable for Muslims and vegetarians, because it's never contained any ingredients derived from livestock.

http://www.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/archivestory.php/aid/9567/Kingsmill_gains_halal_certification.html

They've done what any smart business would do, made sure their labelling reflects the customers their products are suitable for, who might otherwise buy bread elsewhere.

What a shame these imbeciles, 'Boycott Halal', put their mouth into gear before their brain and created further discord where none need have existed, what did they think, that the breadcakes were 'inhumanely slaughtered'?

I think a significant number of people will assume that an halal product will contain animal byproducts from animals slaughtered in the name of Allah.

Maybe they should label the bread suitable for Muslims and contains no halal products, that way everyone should be happy.

Maybe they should say that it is suitable for Muslims and contains no halal products, that way everyone should be happy.

Maybe the neck jerkers should remove the chips from their shoulders, after all they keep telling us how impenetrable to offence they are.

Will you be removing yours. :)

I don't claim to be one of those posters who's impenetrable to offence when it suits them.

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 18:48 ----------

I think a significant number of people will assume that an halal product will contain animal byproducts from animals slaughtered in the name of Allah.

They've managed to see the Halal certification labelling, why are they unable to read that the bread contains no animal products?

Maybe they shoul label the bread suitable for Muslims and contains no halal products, that way everyone should be happy.

My bold=

Maybe people should learn what the word halal means instead of thinking it refers to how animals are killed.

Love the quote from the bloke wearing the 'police are criminals' t-shirt.

Whining about the prevalence of Sharia Law he points at a loaf of bread and proclaims, "it's halal, if you're a Christian you can't eat it", missing the point that it's actually no different from any other bread he eats, the labelling just intended to tell Muslims there's nothing banned in it from their perspective..doh!

Yep a divvy thing to say but no more divvy than believing there is an all-powerful god with pigophobia. Let's be consistent in our disrespect for the stupid and/or delusional.

Archived