Has anyone else been ripped off by Tescos

Bought 3 food items on offer for 5 quid ...

An obviously hungover from Sat night young cashier scans 4 through at full price .. depending on me being dopey enough not to look at the receipt ! ... I query it with manager who fiddles at the till .. they say it will be put back on my card but the manager did not even ask me to validate it with my pin - I queried this he gives wishy washy reply "sometimes they don't need it and it will come thru in a few days" - very quick to overcharge me not so quick to apply a refund - whats the bets it never comes thru - if shopping at Tescos always check your receipt.

Nope, not had that but then again, I don't shop at Tescos. Had it done at Co-op and one or two other places though. I am of the opinion that shops do it on purpose - Their route of it being that it's impossible to keep track of all the items. This is hogwash IMO, they've always managed it in the past and besides, isn't computerisation supposed to make it so much easier to track goods through the use of ERPS and datamining? It is easier to spot this happening if you only buy a few items but it is much more difficult to spot in a weekly shop and I suspect some people don't even know this is happening. There's a thread about this on SF somewhere.

I wouldn't exactly call it a rip off sometimes your pin isn't needed i recently had a refund sent back from tescos onto my card and it went on fine within a few hours.

You seem to have been a bit picky and because they didnt give you a satisfactory answer on one that you wanted to hear it isn't enough for you.

I think I understand that you'll have a policy of giving good value for money, but I'm surprised you'd even consider giving cashback, it's not like it's a business with a large throughput of cash like a supermarket.

Ah, sorry about that Cyclone I didn't word it very well. What I meant was not to rip people off and not to offer cash back on depit card transactions, so you were quite right in what you said.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Bought 3 food items on offer for 5 quid ...

An obviously hungover from Sat night young cashier scans 4 through at full price .. depending on me being dopey enough not to look at the receipt ! ... I query it with manager who fiddles at the till .. they say it will be put back on my card but the manager did not even ask me to validate it with my pin - I queried this he gives wishy washy reply "sometimes they don't need it and it will come thru in a few days" - very quick to overcharge me not so quick to apply a refund - whats the bets it never comes thru - if shopping at Tescos always check your receipt.

So........... did all 4 items come through at full price? - if so, you can hardly blame the cashier. The offer must have been loaded onto the system incorrectly. You can't expect the cashier to know of every offer that is on.

But..............

If you got the 3 items for 5 quid, and then another one scanned at full price, then, yes, it maybe the cashier's fault for having scanned one of the items twice - but give him/her a break - everyone makes mistakes.

I bought 3 large Pizzas last week, they were on offer 3 for a fiver, they tried to charge me full price for the 3, I told them about the 3 for a fiver offer they were on, they corrected the error.

Archived