CB radio advice

I am a complete noob where CB radio is concerned so this may seem a silly question to people in the know but, Is it possible to listen to shortwave radio on a CB radio? i am thinking about getting a shortwave radio to try to find number stations etc

Thanks

No, shortwave is useless on a CB as most users are based in the States nowadays, it may have been different back in the 80's but that is because it was at its peak of popularity in this country at that time. Having said that I would not let it put you off having a try, some half decent results have been recorded on SW.:)

No, shortwave is useless on a CB as most users are based in the States nowadays, it may have been different back in the 80's but that is because it was at its peak of popularity in this country at that time. Having said that I would not let it put you off having a try, some half decent results have been recorded on SW.:)

In the 80s when it was popular, it was on AM band. Now it is FM band.

There were still an awful lot of illegal CBers around who still used AM and Sideband after 1981, legal CB was very restricted regarding the number of channels and the output power, many attended evening classes and sat their RAE.

That's not completely true. When the company that I was involved in back in the 80's were beta testing CB, we used the little known TREV Band or TVB as it was more often referred to. Binatone were despertately trying to find out what we were up to so we closed the band down for a spell. Those that were in the know and a few hardcore boys continued to use it in secret when it was re-opened. It was possible to sideways tap into TVB using shortwave.

That's not completely true. When the company that I was involved in back in the 80's were beta testing CB, we used the little known TREV Band or TVB as it was more often referred to. Binatone were despertately trying to find out what we were up to so we closed the band down for a spell. Those that were in the know and a few hardcore boys continued to use it in secret when it was re-opened. It was possible to sideways tap into TVB using shortwave.

Say What :|

Archived