CB radio advice

Mod Note

Post removed for linking to users own ebay auction.

Linking to auction sites is only allowed when showing an example of an item not when you link to your own auction.

That's not completely true. When the company that I was involved in back in the 80's were beta testing CB, we used the little known TREV Band or TVB as it was more often referred to. Binatone were despertately trying to find out what we were up to so we closed the band down for a spell. Those that were in the know and a few hardcore boys continued to use it in secret when it was re-opened. It was possible to sideways tap into TVB using shortwave.

Surely by using the TREV band or TBV by a sideways tap on shortwave, it is the same as transmitting on the universal broadcast shortwave or UBS, as I know it?

just buy a scanner with no gap problem solved get them cheap now days price of a paper weight:)

Ideally you need a dedicated receiver that covers 1 to 30 megs, scanners that cover massive amounts of the radio spectrum usually have terrible problems with harmonic interference and noise and are ok for vhf/uhf listening.

OK thanks guys, i have now ordered a proper receiver with a socket for an external antenna, now when it comes to shortwave antennas is the longer the better? i am considering making my own if this is the case.

The longer is the better.Simply a length of wire...not coax...will be fine.

Archived