A little known fact about Macdonalds.

willman

Originally posted by Robbie_Lovin

ive read the posts previously, just commenting on a ridiculous scenario you set

it s not ridiculous i know a law firm who forbid there staff to eat at their desks or in their offices.they have to leave the building of use the canteen/tea room thingy.

it was just an example that people can be told what they can & cannot do at work re:food. nothing more and not that important really.

Originally posted by willman

dont get your point.

you cant take abstract situations and expect them all to be the same.

what would you think to visiting a solicitors office & seeing ketchup stains on the deeds for your house.

quite simple.

Mcdonalds is a restaurant.

staff need somewhere to eat their lunch.

2+2=4

it s not ridiculous i know a law firm who forbid there staff to eat at their desks or in their offices.they have to leave the building of use the canteen/tea room thingy.

it was just an example that people can be told what they can & cannot do at work re:food. nothing more and not that important really.

i dont think anybody was disputing the fact that you could make them eat it elsewhere...... but you was comparing a law firm and eating on desk, to a diner, and eating on dining tables

The not eating at your desk thing is to prevent spillages into keyboards, I think.

They tried to bring it in at our work for that reason, but working shifts, and being tied to your desk, it just wasn't going to work.

But I imagine in other jobs, it's quite fair. Especially if you have a canteen.

Originally posted by robbie

quite simple.

Mcdonalds is a restaurant.

staff need somewhere to eat their lunch.

2+2=4

you dont get the point.

why can staff eat kfc or whatever in macdonalds & you & I cant.

just thought it was slightly silly.

so in this case 1+1 =3.

you dont get the point.

why can staff eat kfc or whatever in macdonalds & you & I cant.

just thought it was slightly silly.

so in this case 1+1 =3.

no YOU don't get it.

employers sometimes like to treat their staff nicely and give them somewhere to eat. They can;'t dictate to them what they eat. so they let the use the restaurant and are not petty enough to ban their staff eating from other fast food outlets

dear God

Archived