The people who make mini's

Of course the old Mini was perfect NOT I nearly made as much money as MOS from fixing these heaps,you had to have an umbrella in the early ones and mushrooms grew in the window slides.Specsavers must be doing a roaring trade in rose tinted specs.

That is why i loved my 1275 GT back in 1993. If it broke i fixed it myself. Everything was soooo simple. I even changed the clutch twice in one day (forgot to change the oil seal the first time so it was ruined the second i started her up). First time was 6 hours, second was 1 hour.

I don't dislike the new shaped mini's. The only problem is that they aren't a mini any more.

How can they call it a mini when it's bigger than the average 90s hatchback which at the time was TWICE the size of the original mini.

Once again BMW have taken something BRITISH and ruined it for their own gain. It was under BMW ownership that MG/Rover went up the preverbial swanny.

By making it faster, more luxurious, more efficient and better handling.

The old Mini was good for two thing only,taking up your weekend and dirtying your tools.

They were unreliable rubbish and thats just in the dry!

Have you ever watched the driver or passenger in these things going down the road,even running over a match stick results on them hitting their heads on the roof,the cars were a joke.

By making it faster, more luxurious, more efficient and better handling.

The handling. There will be many that argue against that.

The other three just miss the entire point of the mini. It was MEANT to be cheap and cheerful.

Archived