Romantic overnight stay near Sheffield, where?

I'd have thought Bakewell might have something to offer in the way of accommodation and eating out, plus pleasant strolls along the river, feeding the fish and ducks.

York and Lincoln are well worth a visit as is Harrogate.

Tourist info websites should give you plenty of ideas.

Yorkshire bridge Inn, Bamford ,Hope Valley ***

George Hotel, Hathersage, Hope Valley *****

Old Hall Hotel, Hope , Hope Valley ***

Lose Hill Hotel, Hope, Hope Valley *****

Bulls Head, Castleton, Hope Valley ***

These are the best B&B / Hotels in the Hope Valley perfect for a romantic weekend away for site seeing, walking and late night drinking. Kinky Buggers!!!:love::love::love::love:

The Bear Inn , Alderwasley nr Belper, Derbyshire is an 18th century coaching inn

I stayed there last year with my OH - good food in the restaurant and accomodation in a very peaceful setting.

Can't post a link but try googling it.

I always like the look of this one:

http://www.staindroplodge.co.uk/Staindrop_Lodge_Hotel/Promotions.html

I know you have a £125 limit, however, this one - of £130 - includes a bottle of champagne and a 3-course meal. Which, if your £125 is just for the hotel, is still within your budget.

We spent our wedding night there it was lovely. Also we had a nice weekend at Tideswell, on the way to Matlock which was lovely we stayed in the pub next to the chuch.

Matlock itself is also a lovely place with two nice hotels.

Archived