Half term ideas to entertain the kids

A 4 year old lifting a bowling ball ?, there again I could be wrong and probably am.

They have special lightweight balls for kids.

And a special ramp for kids/disabled bowlers to use, and you can put the Bumpers up for the kids, although even with the Bumpers up they're not guaranteed a perfect game (strikes every time) although it does guarantee they'll hit the pins and the ball won't go in the gutter :D

A 4 year old lifting a bowling ball ?, there again I could be wrong and probably am.

yes there is a ramp and so the adult would put the ball on and children enjoy pushing the ball and watching it hit the pins - my 3 yr old nephew loved being part of his big brother bday party at the bowling alley in August.

There will be some films on that you could take them too - there is always the movies for juniors on a saturday mornign at Cineworld if there is no new releases you fancy. Not sure if Lion King is still on - worth catching on the big screen.

Nice idea about going to feed the ducks at the park - weather may be a bit chilly but will be fun to wrap up and go feed them.

Do some baking - kids love getting messy and sure it will be fun if they have something nice to eat that they have made themselves - - some biscuits or muffins, or make bagette pizzas. I also used to make a kind of rocky road - digestives in a sandwich bag and bash them into bits (kids love doing this) melt chocolate and then add it to the biscuit and add some marshmallow, raisins/currants, choc chips -- whatever you fancy. Pour into a tray and put in the fridge.

Check the local libraries - i know that some in Liverpool do story time sessions where a member of staff will read a few stories - and they are usually free sessions. worth checkin if it happens here too. I think Waterstones/other bookshops may do a similar thing.

Go out and pick things that the children can use to make a collage - leaves/twigs/acorns etc . . . or do leaf print pictures - I am sure the 4 yr old would love this as its messy and fun. I am sure you can buy blank canvas type frame things in 99p store - let them do something on one of these that can then be hung in their room or somewhere else to keep

They have special lightweight balls for kids.

And a special ramp for kids/disabled bowlers to use, and you can put the Bumpers up for the kids, although even with the Bumpers up they're not guaranteed a perfect game (strikes every time) although it does guarantee they'll hit the pins and the ball won't go in the gutter :D

Well there you go, said I would probably be wrong and I was. Can I hold my hand up and plead guilty, I never pretend to know everything, you live and learn.

As mentioned above, Movies For Juniors at Cineworld is a good way to waste a Saturday morning (and cheap at £1 per ticket for both adult and child). This weekend's choices are Rio, Kung Fu Panda, and Yogi Bear. All start at 10pm on Saturday.

Also, Monday sees the release of Tintin (rated PG) at the cinema in 2D or 3D. Should be a good one for the young ones (I plan to take mine to see it). Plus, dress them up as characters from Tintin and be in with a chance of winning some goodies. Anyone who comes in costume between Monday 24th and Sun 30th can claim a ticket for the prize draw to win books, posters, and anything else Tintin-themed that we can get our hands on :) (With a big thanks to Waterstones in Orchard Square for the donation of the books).

Okay, enough shameless promotion for now :)

Archived