Smacking of children by parents to be banned..

The law is vague..on one hand it's illegal to assault your kids, on the other there are no "discipline" guidelines, hence beating your child could be construed as discipline. It tells you what you can't do, it doesn't tell you what you can do. You could use that weak defining line to abuse your kids. I personally believe that the vast majority of parents for right or wrong, raise their children in the correct manner as they deem fit. If you blanket the issue with law then that law can't be used as a tool to justify. It isn't a law designed to haul every parent who taps their kids behinds IMO.

You'll probably find that most feral's have a background of violent abuse anyway.

Most likely these feral's are seriously a scary social problem.

I think perhaps there should be proper guidelines for what counts as abuse & what doesn't.

What a pleasant reply, thank you.

Can I take it then that you are in favour of the ban curriechick?

I don't know about a total ban, how would it be policed? I think each parent should look at themselves and think how would they feel if someone three times larger than them suddenly hit out at them.

A child is a small person, each one is individual, they have their own personality and feelings. Treat them as such, give them love and respect and it will be repaid threefold. Count your blessings and appreciate the joy they bring.

I don't know about a total ban, how would it be policed? I think each parent should look at themselves and think how would they feel if someone three times larger than them suddenly hit out at them.

A child is a small person, each one is individual, they have their own personality and feelings. Treat them as such, give them love and respect and it will be repaid threefold. Count your blessings and appreciate the joy they bring.

It don't imagine that it would be possible to police a total ban.

Well there you go then, a total ban just isn't feasible .

Neither is a ban on rape, murder, theft, as it's obvious they continue despite the law.

What they do is define what is acceptable and what isn't.

if you carnt beat you own children in you own home whats the wrold coming to ehh. next theyl be tellin us where we can and cart smoke.....................

............................. oh

Its not about wanting to beat your children, most sane people dont want to beat their children, but there's an issue here about our lives being intruded into by an authoritarian, nannying state.

True, I never really thought of it like that.:(

Archived