Smacking of children by parents to be banned..

Can't have been that much in fear, phoning the police numerously.:suspect:

I'm not sure what you are getting at, are you trying to be funny?

They wouldn't have intervened in a wife-beating case at the time either, so that's a rubbish argument

Exactly, that is why the woman is all for such bans.

Is that couldn't or wouldn't, was domestic violence a police matter, or was it not considered to be that much of a problem then?

You would have to ask the officer involved at the time.

I'm not sure what you are getting at, are you trying to be funny?

:huh:I would have added this :hihi: if I was.

My suspicion was not at you, as you were only repeating what you heard on the radio. Maybe you're so used to SF abuse you're now seeing bogey men. :D

The point I was making was..if the children were Sooooooo in fear of their father they certainly wouldn't be phoning the police. When children are abused and bullied they tend to do the reverse.

This is not as stupid as you sound. I send all my children to martial arts classes, a great way of keeping them fit while learning discipline.

My three youngest grandaughter go to a karate class every Monday after school, it teaches them discipline, respect, burns off excess energy and would hopefully offer them protection should they need it in later life.

But what I wanted to say is that I have a son and a daughter and never hit any of them even though my son drove me to the verge of it several times. I had different ways for disciplining each of them as what worked for one didn't for the other. I am proud to say they have both grown up to be responsible, respectful adults and I am very proud of both of them. They now have children of their own and they too have never smacked any of them and all of those children who range in age from 3 to 16 can be taken anywhere and you know they will behave in an appropriate manner. How they behave when out with friends ect is a different matter but that is how children should be,

:huh:I would have added this :hihi: if I was.

My suspicion was not at you, as you were only repeating what you heard on the radio. Maybe you're so used to SF abuse you're now seeing bogey men. :D

The point I was making was..if the children were Sooooooo in fear of their father they certainly wouldn't be phoning the police. When children are abused and bullied they tend to do the reverse.

Ahhh now I see!:) Please accept my apology.

My three youngest grandaughter go to a karate class every Monday after school, it teaches them discipline, respect, burns off excess energy and would hopefully offer them protection should they need it in later life.

But what I wanted to say is that I have a son and a daughter and never hit any of them even though my son drove me to the verge of it several times. I had different ways for disciplining each of them as what worked for one didn't for the other. I am proud to say they have both grown up to be responsible, respectful adults and I am very proud of both of them. They now have children of their own and they too have never smacked any of them and all of those children who range in age from 3 to 16 can be taken anywhere and you know they will behave in an appropriate manner. How they behave when out with friends ect is a different matter but that is how children should be,

What a pleasant reply, thank you.

Can I take it then that you are in favour of the ban curriechick?

Archived