Smacking of children by parents to be banned..

I'd agree, the law would eliminate the "fine line". The fine line for you in measurable terms maybe 1 micron, for others it maybe 1 cm. The point of the law would be to blanket and eradicate the issue. I don't for one instance believe if the law was introduced it would effect those that discipline within reason though. Other species chastise their young.

I don't think the government should have any say in the matter. There are laws to stop child abuse already in place. Children require discipline, perhaps the feral kids we see would be less of a problem if they had some discipline as children rather than being molly coddled.

I don't think the government should have any say in the matter. There are laws to stop child abuse already in place. Children require discipline, perhaps the feral kids we see would be less of a problem if they had some discipline as children rather than being molly coddled.

The law is vague..on one hand it's illegal to assault your kids, on the other there are no "discipline" guidelines, hence beating your child could be construed as discipline. It tells you what you can't do, it doesn't tell you what you can do. You could use that weak defining line to abuse your kids. I personally believe that the vast majority of parents for right or wrong, raise their children in the correct manner as they deem fit. If you blanket the issue with law then that law can't be used as a tool to justify. It isn't a law designed to haul every parent who taps their kids behinds IMO.

You'll probably find that most feral's have a background of violent abuse anyway.

The law is vague..on one hand it's illegal to assault your kids, on the other there are no "discipline" guidelines, hence beating your child could be construed as discipline. It tells you what you can't do, it doesn't tell you what you can do. You could use that weak defining line to abuse your kids. I personally believe that the vast majority of parents for right or wrong, raise their children in the correct manner as they deem fit. If you blanket the issue with law then that law can't be used as a tool to justify. It isn't a law designed to haul every parent who taps their kids behinds IMO.

You'll probably find that most feral's have a background of violent abuse anyway.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I don't think 'feral kids' are the result of being 'molly coddled'.

if you carnt beat you own children in you own home whats the wrold coming to ehh. next theyl be tellin us where we can and cart smoke.....................

............................. oh

Why would you want to beat them anyway?

Archived