Just got snow tyre on

hi have just had snow tyres fitted on my car, i dont want the same trouble i had last year, i was talking to my step son in new zealand and he told me it was compulsory over there that they have to use snow tyre durunf winter which is may june and jul and august

but there is a heatwave coming

hi have just had snow tyres fitted on my car, i dont want the same trouble i had last year, i was talking to my step son in new zealand and he told me it was compulsory over there that they have to use snow tyre durunf winter which is may june and jul and august

Have you stocked up on bread & baby food?

Hi

Our RR Sport has 60/40 tyres, ie 60% for summer and 40 for winter. As its a 4x4, no worries, FACT

different story re our modest E class Merc/AMG - just slid, even on thin, compacted snow that had a hint of a gradient. Got Winter Contact Conti, drove like our 4x4, fact

I bought a pair of snow tyres when it had snowed and paid full whack £130 each at lookers Ford. I have a spare set of wheels so took them off at the end of Feb. I bought a spare set of wheels for the wife's car and got a pair of Michelins off Black Circle for £75 each fitted at Hawleys this July. I will be fitting them next month. Do they work? Yes, I had to go up through Walkley and to Hathersage in the snow and never lost grip. The down side is they are made of soft rubber and wear out fast hence the spare set of wheels. As soon as it looks like the likelihood of snow is over they come off. I have heard that quickfit will store and fit snow tyres if you buy them of them.

Hi

BTW, just a quick and polite educational message;

"Snow tyres," not really on the whole. most tyres that were sold during the snow last year are called 'winter' tyres and these have a much better grip at about sub 8C, FACT

Thanks!!!

I bought a pair of snow tyres when it had snowed and paid full whack £130 each at lookers Ford. I have a spare set of wheels so took them off at the end of Feb. I bought a spare set of wheels for the wife's car and got a pair of Michelins off Black Circle for £75 each fitted at Hawleys this July. I will be fitting them next month. Do they work? Yes, I had to go up through Walkley and to Hathersage in the snow and never lost grip. The down side is they are made of soft rubber and wear out fast hence the spare set of wheels. As soon as it looks like the likelihood of snow is over they come off. I have heard that quickfit will store and fit snow tyres if you buy them of them.

They're not just for snow, though. They improve grip and braking during cold weather.

Archived