Just got snow tyre on

has anyone got snow socks? I was thinking of getting some of those instead as we rarely drive but got stuck twice last year on the odd occasion we needed to.

Winter tyres help you stop as well as go, and you don't have to get out the car to put them on and take them off, unlike the socks.

If you can afford it, I'd really recommend them.

just changed the tyres on my clio for winter tyres. Gone with budget tyres (Jinyu) as the car does (100 miles per week on average). On the citroen C4 Grand Picasso I've got michelin alpin fitted which will go on at the weekend (250 miles per week on average) and we have M&S tyres on the motorhome but this will be in storage as soon as the weather gets slippery.

I would not drive in winter without them anymore we do regular trips to stuttgart where winter tyres are the norm (compulsory) and are fitted o2o (Oktober 2 Ostern = October to Easter)

I did not get stuck at all last year in either car and only the citroen had winter tyres

Archived