What are you going to cut down on

I haven't had the heating on yet, I keep busy enough during the day, wrap a big fleece blanket round me if I am cold in the evenings. Fortunately I don't really feel the cold, I still have 2.5 tog duvet on the bed, a small blanket over that if I fell chilly. Hope fully my bills won't go up much this year. I go out once a month, try to limit my driving, but as it happens I need to eat!!

Gonna get my slow cooker out & make some lovely casseoles & stews. Yum Yum!

The only good thing about winter.

Mines already out and cooking at the moment, a lamb shank in mint gravy, to be served with mashed potatoes and turnip, carrots and yorkshire pud.

And a home made rice pudding cooking in the smaller one.

Sounds like winters in Scotland when I was a kid. No central heating, no double glazing just a coal fire - loads of socks and woollies. And hot water bottles at bedtime. The sheer luxury when my parents bought an electric blanket. :love:

Is your house badly insulated? Just wondering as you say its cold even with your heating on.

Yep, it really is. It used to be a shop, and where they've made the windows smaller it isn't bricked up, just boarded, and there are double patio doors in the bedroom. Ventilation fans that need to be kept open otherwise the place moulds up really quickly, and I was reminded by the landlord that fresh air was the most important thing for that recently too. Brrrrr.

Still, it's an adventure. Or something like that.

Mines already out and cooking at the moment, a lamb shank in mint gravy, to be served with mashed potatoes and turnip, carrots and yorkshire pud.

And a home made rice pudding cooking in the smaller one.

that sounds delicious.i love lamb casserole,i like to add rosemary to lamb from my garden.---i always love stew and dumplins in wintertime too.

Archived