Need get a 4x4 this winter any suggestion

You could get a decent Disco for that kind of brass, or maybe a 2 year old Rangy. Probably the best two on the market.

Regards

Angel.

Our poster already had a Range Rover. I think (s)he is more concerned about image than actual ability of the car - as long as it has enough traction to get from under the trip-trap bridge to frighten the billy goat gruff, I don't think (s)he cares.

If image is all important I suggest the OP gets tv sets put in the head rests of the RR Sport that display a constantly updating total of their net worth. Saves all that messing about with people having to guess how much the car was, and if you own it or lease it, and how old it is really, underneath the numberplate that doesn't actually spell your name.

Nothing says 'wealthy' like a used but not battered Defender 90 with cloth seats. Ask the Queen. I expect our poster is looking for something a little less understated though - for the benefit of the other patrons of the wine bars they frequent.

Oh Pleeease don't buy a 4x4!

a.) everyone will think you're a selfish, flashy idiot

b.) you will damage the environment SO much more than by buying a normal car

c.) you take up loads of room in the road, parking spaces, by the side of the road, etc. thus inconveniencing all other road users

d.) if you've got so much money to spend, why don't you buy a hybrid car and show everyone how selfless and considerate you are?

It depresses me every time I see one of these me-me-me-mobiles

Go on. Reconsider.

Gosh, it must be terribly difficult to choose.

Do you care how much of the £30k you get back? How long are you planning on keeping it? Must it be new? Is it's ability on snow the only consideration (in which case, get a snowmobile)?

For snow I'd get a second hand Land Rover pickup, with a set of Mattracks in the load bay. And then I'd go on holiday with the other £20k.

If you want the car to make a statement too, you need to tell us what statement you want to make.

I hate greenpeace :hihi:

Oh Pleeease don't buy a 4x4!

a.) everyone will think you're a selfish, flashy idiot

b.) you will damage the environment SO much more than by buying a normal car

c.) you take up loads of room in the road, parking spaces, by the side of the road, etc. thus inconveniencing all other road users

d.) if you've got so much money to spend, why don't you buy a hybrid car and show everyone how selfless and considerate you are?

It depresses me every time I see one of these me-me-me-mobiles

Go on. Reconsider.

cough<bullshyte>cough

• 3 weeks later...

Archived