Osborne - next leader

this seems a bit of a non story, cameron doesn't look as if he's going anywhere soon, he'll carryout this term and probably another, barring any major gaffs, and a lot can happen in those years.

Errrr.............Coulson

is due back at the Police station later this month.

Errrr.............Coulson

is due back at the Police station later this month.

But as stupid as Cameron was to appoint him the whole News International phone-tappng scandal took place under a Labour government while Blair was becoming godfather to Murdoch's child, among the many other acts of brown-nosing NI that Labour got up to. So I doubt if the scandal will benefit either party as they should both be tarnished by it.

I saw snippets of Osbourne's speech at conference. It sounded like he was talking in his sleep. I've seen traffic bollards with more personality. Still, you could say the same about Gordon Brown and he made the move.

But as stupid as Cameron was to appoint him the whole News International phone-tappng scandal took place under a Labour government while Blair was becoming godfather to Murdoch's child, among the many other acts of brown-nosing NI that Labour got up to. So I doubt if the scandal will benefit either party as they should both be tarnished by it.

The point wasn't about the impact on either party (clearly both up to their necks in it) it was about the current leader of the Tories and the impact Mr Coulson's visit to the cop shop (if it isn't all hushed up and hidden) will have on Mr Cameron's leadership.

Archived