If I could show you how to legally get around paying PAYE, would you do it?

Would you have your wages without most or all of PAYE?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have your wages without most or all of PAYE?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure - maybe add why please

If someone could point me at a subsection and paragraph of tax law which said I could legitimately claim back my entire tax bill for some legally valid reason, I'd be a fool not to do it. After all, everyone claims back as much of it as they're legally allowed to do; personal allowances, work expenses and so on.

As pointed out, PAYE is only a transaction method. If a legal loophole means only that "you don't have to use PAYE," you would still be obliged to pay tax.

Just a hypothetical question, (and based on a conversation I had with someone).

The POLL will be anonymous.

Supposing that I could show you a way of not paying all or most of your PAYE in a perfectly legal manner (perhaps not morally though - depending on your morals), then would you do it?

Be honest in the poll.

:)

I think your question is flawed. PAYE is just a method of collecting income tax where it is deducted at source. There's plenty more of us who don't pay by that method, but still pay our income tax.

I actually pay my tax to the Danish government and the British government then claim it back from them. I work in Denmark and live in the UK, but you can't be taxed twice by two different EU governments.

Archived