Is there ever a reasonable excuse for driving uninsured?

They wouldnt even let him get his brother who was a mechanic with a trailor to come tow it away for him.

Why didn't he get his brother to bring him to A&E, rather than drive there himself (seeing as how his brother would have been able to do the trip with no issues)?

An interesting and probably very rare combination...

Given that it might involve being "willing to pay out five million quid" if someone suffers paraplegia and needs 24/7 care for the next fifty years, it's probably so rare as to be non-existent.

On a smaller scale, though, that sort of thinking definitely does exist. Consider the people who, being aware that parking in a disabled bay with no badge incurs a £120 fine, are rich enough to think that paying £120 to park right outside their favourite restaurant is a fair price and go ahead and do it.

Given that it might involve being "willing to pay out five million quid" if someone suffers paraplegia and needs 24/7 care for the next fifty years, it's probably so rare as to be non-existent.

With the notable exceptions of the queen (who has neither driving licence nor insurance) and some very large companies who lodge a payment with Lloyds rather than take out individual vehicle insurance (Glaxo Smith Kline being one that I know works in this way).

EDIT- and to answer the OP, if it was a matter of life and death that I got someone to hospital immediately (or similar) then I'd worry about the legal consequences later and drive any available vehicle. Other than that, I don't think that there is a valid excuse for driving uninsured.

Why didn't he get his brother to bring him to A&E, rather than drive there himself (seeing as how his brother would have been able to do the trip with no issues)?

Might have something to do with the child losing their fingers and it being an emergency.

I dont know. Maybe he tried and his brother wouldnt be able to get to them in time? They came in around 11pm and the car incident happened around 2am so i honestly couldnt say why.

The dad told this man the car wasnt taxed or insured and the reasons why he drove his daughter to hospital, they finished their smoke and went their seperate ways.

The lesson here, is not to tell a total stranger your private business! :(

John X

Archived