600cc Bike restricted to a 125cc?

Most people who have already passed their 125cc test (not just a CBT) buy a 600cc bike and restrict it because it makes financial sense.....they are still restricted after passing their test to only 33bhp which equates to around 250cc for the next two years.

Options are

(1) to buy a 33bhp bike for two years, sell it and buy a 600cc bike

(2) or Buy the bike that they want and restrict it for two years then remove the restrictors and keep the same bike that they know but get a lot of new life in it from the new power

its far cheaper to take option 2

Good for you, I’ve probably owned less than a hundred bikes personally but ridden thousands – it’s what I do. I’ve never heard anybody describe a Honda Tiger as ‘big and heavy’ at 137kg dry, but there’s a first for everything I suppose..

That depends on where you are. On Indonesian village roads, it's big and heavy.

Nice google on the bike but you have no clue about the local conditions and clearly lacking the imagination to work it out.

At the time of buying, it was the second biggest bike sold in the Indonesian market without special import.

Sorry if you're too limited to understand.

Owned hundreds, ridden thousands but still no clue outside your narrow field of experience.

No, you’re so far wrong it’s laughable. A restricted 600 doesn’t feel that much different to the unrestricted bike until after 6000rpm, in some cases 8000rpm. It will not only have 2 or 3 times more power than the 125, but will also have maybe 4 or 5 times as much torque. And weight? There are plenty of heavy 125s and light 600s.

All very nice but none of that explains why some child would want a 600 with the performance of a 125.

It's really simple to work out.

He's endowed with a **** the same size as his tiny brain so feels he needs to pose in a bootless attempt to compensate.

Why the attitude? Why do you have to knock people so bitterly just because you don’t agree with their choice of bike? Larger bikes are generally more refined and comfortable than smaller ones, with better suspension and brakes. If you think somebody needs to be a ‘lame child’ to desire that, you have some real issues.

Crap. I only knock idiots and anyone wanting to do that is a total cretin.

He could buy a little 125 or a step through that would easily get him from A to B but wants the bigger bike because he's a moron wanting to pose.

Archived