Being seen to be fair.

So Labour governed in a way which they thought would keep them in power rather than do what they should have done for the good of the country?

Like I said before, how many turkeys vote for Christmas, truman, let's be honest here?

Sometimes half a cake is better than no cake at all.

So is this how we going to judge Labour time in power by these two points, maybe this will be Labour's manifesto.

1 - We think that the Tories would have been just as bad us.

2 - It wasn't us, it's other peoples fault. Even though we were in power for 13 years, don't blame us for the state of the economy.

3 - An end to boom and bust. :hihi:

So Labour caused the WORLDWIDE CREDIT CRUNCH did they?:rolleyes:

Like I said before, how many turkeys vote for Christmas, truman, let's be honest here?

Sometimes half a cake is better than no cake at all.

I am being honest..it really doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference who's in power....but to put party politics before the country is pretty bad really...I'm defending no-one here because they're all tarred with the same brush underneath...Mr Milliband was on the radio the other evening saying that he disagreed with some decisions Labour took when in power but went along with them for the good of the party...they all do it I assume.. One of the biggest problems with a debate such as this on this forum is that people tend to be stuck in their ways and just see "red good blue bad" or vice versa..very few seem to be willing to accept that neither one of them covers themselves in glory at the best of times..

I am being honest..it really doesn't seem to make a huge amount of difference who's in power....but to put party politics before the country is pretty bad really...I'm defending no-one here because they're all tarred with the same brush underneath...Mr Milliband was on the radio the other evening saying that he disagreed with some decisions Labour took when in power but went along with them for the good of the party...they all do it I assume.. One of the biggest problems with a debate such as this on this forum is that people tend to be stuck in their ways and just see "red good blue bad" or vice versa..very few seem to be willing to accept that neither one of them covers themselves in glory at the best of times..

You have outlined perfectly in your post why it is so important for the government to be seen to be fair. It would burn the bridges. Getting rid of the royal family and confiscating their funds would be a very firm statement against privilege. So would abolishing the house of lords. So would arresting the TOP bankers for treason.

You have outlined perfectly in your post why it is so important for the government to be seen to be fair. It would burn the bridges. Getting rid of the royal family and confiscating their funds would be a very firm statement against privilege. So would abolishing the house of lords. So would arresting the TOP bankers for treason.

You just proved one of my points... :)

Archived