Which brand has the best opaque tights?

Hello ladies, I'm wanting a shortcut to which shop/brand has the best opaque tights. This is because I'm fed up with wasting money on ill fitting/rough textured/baggy tights .... well you get the picture.

My latest purchase is two pairs of 80 denier tights from John Lewis for £10. (I know gentlemen, if only you knew how expensive it is to look fab ..).

Anyway, they aren't good :( They make my pants fall down when walking and have that horrible roll down effect when you sit down. Waste of money :rant:

Last year I bought some really nice ones. They were quite high up but acted a bit as a slight tummy firmer (they weren't described as such but I think it the way they fitted me). However I can't remember where they are from! Probably either M&S or Dorothy Perkins. It's a shame that they aren't labelled, I guess it's because the suppliers supply more than one shop.

So, which tights do you like? Opaques in any colour but not hipsters and be really smooth and nice. None of your fifteen quid ones either :loopy:

Ooo, and I find the 40 denier ones a bit thin and easily snagged.

Tesco Opaque tights are pretty good- the multipack of black ones. Can't remember the denier- it may be 60. They last well and fit ok, and come in a range of sizes. Seem to wash well. I am sure they were £5 per pack for 3 & lasted all winter last year..

I bought a black multipack from Debenhams- I think 60 denier. They have just started running now and I have been wearing them for about a month. Pretty good for about £3.

The tights I have found to be the worst have been the black Bodyshapers from M&S. They are £6 a pair, and have had some great designs. However, they do not last- they get holes in so easily. Last year I kept swapping for a new pair every couple of weeks.

I have just had a coloured pack of 3 from John Lewis (Purple, pink and blue). They seem ok- although the pink pair do fall down!

This is a lengthy post but finding the right tights is like finding the right hairdresser! Soo frustrating...

Hello ladies, I'm wanting a shortcut to which shop/brand has the best opaque tights. This is because I'm fed up with wasting money on ill fitting/rough textured/baggy tights .... well you get the picture.

My latest purchase is two pairs of 80 denier tights from John Lewis for £10. (I know gentlemen, if only you knew how expensive it is to look fab ..).

Anyway, they aren't good :( They make my pants fall down when walking and have that horrible roll down effect when you sit down. Waste of money :rant:

Last year I bought some really nice ones. They were quite high up but acted a bit as a slight tummy firmer (they weren't described as such but I think it the way they fitted me). However I can't remember where they are from! Probably either M&S or Dorothy Perkins. It's a shame that they aren't labelled, I guess it's because the suppliers supply more than one shop.

So, which tights do you like? Opaques in any colour but not hipsters and be really smooth and nice. None of your fifteen quid ones either :loopy:

Ooo, and I find the 40 denier ones a bit thin and easily snagged.

Marks and Spencers for me. I hate that when they pull your pants down too :hihi:

Archived