Would you deliberatly avoid paying tax, to keep your family housed and fed?

Would you deliberatly avoid paying tax, to keep your family housed and fed?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you deliberatly avoid paying tax, to keep your family housed and fed?

• Yes - my home and family comes first
    • No - I would always pay the tax

WIth the cost of everything going up people are struggling to make ends meet, and indeed many familys are simply going under.

Now, I am aware that tax avoidance is illegal, however with family finances being stretched ever further, sooner or later something has to give.

I have cited car insurance as something that hits the young now, however within 3-5 years I imagine many familys will be paying £1000s for basic car insurance if costs go up as they are now.

Food is up, petrol is up, fuel is up and in some cases wages are down. The relentless rise in costs won't ease any time soon.

So here is a moral question for you all.....

"would you deliberatly avoid paying tax on all of your income, to keep a roof over your head, pay the essentials and keep the family fed?"

Should you do the right thing, but face bancrupcy (pay your dues) or do you feel a greater duty to keep enough money that is needed to meet your loved ones basic needs?

A question that could face more people will have to face over the next few years

WIth the cost of everything going up people are struggling to make ends meet, and indeed many familys are simply going under.

Now, I am aware that tax avoidance is illegal, however with family finances being stretched ever further, sooner or later something has to give.

I have cited car insurance as something that hits the young now, however within 3-5 years I imagine many familys will be paying £1000s for basic car insurance if costs go up as they are now.

Food is up, petrol is up, fuel is up and in some cases wages are down. The relentless rise in costs won't ease any time soon.

So here is a moral question for you all.....

"would you deliberatly avoid paying tax on all of your income, to keep a roof over your head, pay the essentials and keep the family fed?"

Should you do the right thing, but face bancrupcy (pay your dues) or do you feel a greater duty to keep enough money that is needed to meet your loved ones basic needs?

A question that could face more people will have to face over the next few years

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Is it morally right to deliberatly avoid paying all your tax?

The correct definition of "all your tax" must surely be the amount that you are required to pay by law, after taking all legitimate claims.

As for not paying tax in order to keep my family clothed and fed - if I were so poor that clothing and food were going to be a problem, I wouldn't be paying tax anyway.

Hi

Most people that are hard working, honest, sincere, and have the social skills to get their priorites right don't have to worry about fiddling the taxes in order to keep a "roof" over ones head and their fasmily - FACT

Archived