Halloween at Corporation - From someone new to Sheffield

phil35

Hi all, I'm not from Sheffield or live here, but me and my girlfriend want to go for a decent night out for Halloween, and Sheffield isn't too far away so we thought we'd give it a try (heard good things!)

We're both into Alternative / Indie music rather than the usual chart-y, r'n'b, dance type music. We are wanting a bar / club that will have a great atmosphere where everyone will be dressed up (ourselves included!), have a bit of a dance and (obviously) a few drinks.

I've come across the Corporation website (again haven't heard of this place because we're not from Sheffield), but the poster for Saturday 29th (the night we're going) is very vague (sounds great though!) and it doesn't actually disclose any information about the even itself.

Do you think that this is something that would suit us? Is it a good night in Corporation? Or do you have any other suggestions of any great place to dress up with everyone else?

If you have any suggestions / advice then that would be great! Thanks.

I'd recommend a search round here as previously suggested.

I've been a Corp regular for about the past 8 years or so now. It's declined slightly from what it was in my opinion, but is still a decent place.

It's a typical grimey Rock club, spread out over 3 rooms all playing different types of music.

The music now ranges from dubstep and d'n'b to Heavy Metal dependant on the night and the room. Saturday night tends to be a slightly older crowd (in my opinion a good thing) and slightly heavier in the music (not much Indie) but still a decent mix. Upstairs tends to be dubstep though.

One thing I can say is Halloween there is pretty immense. I'd say 50-75% of people there are usually dressed up, though as the clientèle as changed over the past few years it may have declined from that this year, there will still be plenty of people there dressed up.

Not sure if I will be going along this year, but I have most :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the replies guys! I did a bit of searching but I couldn't see anything specifically relating to this Halloween (I'm probably just being stupid). All I really wanted to know was whether it still does alternative music, and whether Halloween is a good night - both of which you have answered :)

One other question actually. If we were to go, I assume you will recommend buy a ticket online in advance because it gets really busy? And also, is it a case of that to get into the club itself on the nightthat you must already be queuing when the place opens at 10, or are we safe to give ourselves a bit more time exploring Sheffield and strolling over for a couple of hours around twelve say?

And I guess while I'm here (and I will search also!), do you have any recommendations for close by bars that are doing anything for Halloween on the Saturday? Somewhere we could stay for a couple of hours dressed up earlier in the night without being the only ones dressed up looking like total plonkers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the replies guys! I did a bit of searching but I couldn't see anything specifically relating to this Halloween (I'm probably just being stupid). All I really wanted to know was whether it still does alternative music, and whether Halloween is a good night - both of which you have answered :)

One other question actually. If we were to go, I assume you will recommend buy a ticket online in advance because it gets really busy? And also, is it a case of that to get into the club itself on the nightthat you must already be queuing when the place opens at 10, or are we safe to give ourselves a bit more time exploring Sheffield and strolling over for a couple of hours around twelve say?

And I guess while I'm here (and I will search also!), do you have any recommendations for close by bars that are doing anything for Halloween on the Saturday? Somewhere we could stay for a couple of hours dressed up earlier in the night without being the only ones dressed up looking like total plonkers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Try The Sportsman on Cambridge st, only a few minutes walk from corporation (near city hall) and doing a halloween special from 4pm on saturday...

Definitely go to Corporation for Halloween if you after alternative / indy / rock stuff - lots of folk dress up for Halloween :-) It used to be free entry with a pumpkin, so decorate your pumpkin and give it a try! Go to The Washington pub first, which is on Fitzwilliam Street and then to Corp. The Washington is just round the corner and is a great alternative / indy place. Have a look at http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/clubs-national/corporation-sheffield/1351960/

Have to agree with the recommendation to go to the Washington beforehand. Great little place literally round the corner.

As for going early, from memory, tickets in hand means you already have a queue jumper. Go to the front and there will be a seperate, smaller queue the otherside of the entrance where you can go. It's worth checking if this is on for the night though beforehand as it's a special event.

Other than that I can only say I hope you have a great night :)

Personally if you havn't got a ticket beforehand I wouldn't bother unless you want to start queuing at about 7pm. I have found it just gets far too full on Halloween and its just no fun being crammed in and unable to get to the bar for ages.

This year I think I will be just staying in the Sportsman until it closes.

Halloween in the Corp used to be good but its become a victim of its own success too expensive, and too crowded.

Archived