Halloween at Corporation - From someone new to Sheffield

phil35

Personally if you havn't got a ticket beforehand I wouldn't bother unless you want to start queuing at about 7pm. I have found it just gets far too full on Halloween and its just no fun being crammed in and unable to get to the bar for ages.

This year I think I will be just staying in the Sportsman until it closes.

Halloween in the Corp used to be good but its become a victim of its own success too expensive, and too crowded.

Make sure you come and say hello, think we have already met, but I have a memory like a sieve :hihi:

Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Just one more thing (if slightly off topic), our hotel is on Bramell Lane. Now this I believe is about a 15 minute walk from Corp. The walk isn't the problem, but I just want to check that we wouldn't be walking directly through a well known rough part of the centre or anything like that?

Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Just one more thing (if slightly off topic), our hotel is on Bramell Lane. Now this I believe is about a 15 minute walk from Corp. The walk isn't the problem, but I just want to check that we wouldn't be walking directly through a well known rough part of the centre or anything like that?

If you mean Bramhall Lane, no its fine

Definitely try and get tickets beforehand, or get there early. It fills up very early, and then goes one in one out, last time I tried to go on Halloween I was stood in a queue for an hour at about 10:30 before giving up. However, Corp is awesome, sure you'll have a ball!

Depending on where you are on the indie / alternative spectrum, The Leadmill may be an alternative if needed? http://www.leadmill.co.uk/whats-on/club-nights/sonic-boom-26

Hope you have a good night wherever you end up!

Leadmill sounds great, although there doesn't seem to be any mention of Halloween - that's part of the reason we're going.

I just tried ringing Corp to query whether buying a ticket in advance allows us to Q-Jump, but no-body answered (I figured the best time to ring would be around this time, just before they open - apparently not).

Can anyone else confirm this is the case? I know someone said previously they thought it did, but I'd feel more comfortable if someone else with previous experience of this could confirm. Ideally I'd rather have the flexibility to turn up any time up to midnight and stroll in with minimal queuing (I appreciate that it sounds this place gets so busy that even any Q-jumpers may need to queue). Is this in any way feasible?

Oh and once again, thanks for your all help guys, some great suggestions, I'm sure we will have a brilliant night!

EDIT: I'm right in thinking that if I was to buy online this is what I want to buy yes?: http://www.corporation.org.uk/gig/1178/Reservoir+Rocks+%22Halloween+Special%22

Okay, so if I was to buy online the website says that I would have to collect them from the box office. But it says the box office only opens at the time that the doors open for the event (i.e. 10pm). Is that right? How does this work then, I don't really understand.

I'm probably confusing the situation more than it needs to be tbh haha.

Corp - The easiest wayto decide whether you want to go or not.

Go - if you're happy with a run down place that's a bit of a dump, that serves cheap drinks that will get you quite smashed. Honestly, I've never had an issue in there, the people there always seem very friendly. Also, there is some wierd people that go there, goth kind of people, and others, so there will be some good costumes I should assume. If I go out this Halloween...I'll more than likely be there.

Avoid - if you like a clean club. There is actually a lot of reasons to avoid this place, infact the cons probably out-weigh the pro's, that said, I've never, ever had a bad night in there.

Tips - Don't wear the usual expensive clobber you see people in down town, don't wear white. Wear something you don't mind horrible vodka and coke getting spilled on.

I absolutely love The Sportsman. Between the music and the UK's only kitchen-DJ it's a one of a kind

Should have been there tonight, had the bar manager doing an impression of Freddie Mercury in "I want to break free" - with a vaccum cleaner, and a wedding party where the bride was headbanging in her wedding dress....

Archived