How do you survive on £60 per week. ?

If you're really serious about job searching, you don't want to be relying on the library to provide internet access to you, not ideally anyway. Sometimes you only get quite a short window to apply and applications / interview preparation can require a lot of research. Libararies have limited opening hours. Not saying it's absolutely essential to have home internet access, just that you are giving yourself a better chance if you do have it.

Lazy buggers.

Correct. The dole scroungers should start to do something about their situation rather than moaning.

Most countries have no dole so people just do what they can.

Dole scroungers take millions from workers every week but just sit and moan how badly done to they are.

Correct. The dole scroungers should start to do something about their situation rather than moaning.

Dole scroungers take millions from workers every week but just sit and moan how badly done to they are.

Not everyone on the dole sits around being lazy. I think you should stop generalising.

I think that's the going rate on benefits for a single person.

How do they manage. ?

That's less than a tenner a day. ! :o

I know i couldn't do it and i'd crap myself if faced with having to do so.

On that note i take my hat off to them, and whilst i hate pitying anyone, i do, it must be shear hell.

Thankyou.

At least someone appreciates how difficult it is.

Many of the people on here are horrible to the unemployed. As if it wasn't hard enough...

I also take the point about the low waged.

it's not just the £60 is it? it's free prescriptions, free dental care, free eye care and

glasses. housing benefit, council tax benefit, fuel allowances, travel subsidises, mortgage support, child benefits, free adult education and training etc which all adds up. Really that £60 is only needed for food and luxury items, everything else is either free or heavily subsidised.

My husband and I both work and earn a good wage but we have had pay freezes for years (effectively a pay drop in real terms) and at the end of each month after bills (we don't get any help/subsidy with anything) we are usually £300 at least overdrawn. The question should really be, how do people who work survive?

When I was on full benefits, I was struggling very much. Here are a few tips:

1) Shop at night in the reduced section.

2) Use a washing up bowl to save water.

3) Shop at Charity shops etc for clothes.

4) Buy value products where possible.

5) Bake your own bread, cakes etc.

6) Turn things off at the plug when you go to bed or leave the house.

7) Keep saving those 2p's and any loose change if possible (it all adds up).

This made me laugh, we do all this (and more) to try and save cash and we both work. surely

these things are common sense money savers for everyone? If

people on benefits arent doing these things no wonder the benefits bill is so high!

Tell me,as you live in Indonesia,allegedly,what do you know about "Dole scroungers" Im sure that being that far away they wouldnt show on your radar and before you say you have read about them in the press ..where ? unless you live that far in the back of beyond you would have read the piece in the newspapers concerning the unemployment figures and the statement regarding the record number of young unemployed.

it's not just the £60 is it? it's free prescriptions, free dental care, free eye care and

glasses. housing benefit, council tax benefit, fuel allowances, travel subsidises, mortgage support, child benefits, free adult education and training etc which all adds up. Really that £60 is only needed for food and luxury items, everything else is either free or heavily subsidised.

My husband and I both work and earn a good wage but we have had pay freezes for years (effectively a pay drop in real terms) and at the end of each month after bills (we don't get any help/subsidy with anything) we are usually £300 at least overdrawn. The question should really be, how do people who work survive?

Get your facts straight chum, fuel allowances, travel subsidies?

Archived