How do you survive on £60 per week. ?

Yes, travel expenses for interviews, training courses, and medical appointments in some cases, and winter fuel allowances for those over a certain age.

Those over a certain age do get fuel allowance but they don't live on £67 quid a week do they. Travel expenses for interviews have been scrapped.

Libraries have free internet - you can find a lot things going for free

I'm fortunately employed and always have been but i suggest that some self-righteous working folk try living on 60 quid per week for 6 months and use the saved money to go on holiday and the other half for charity. And then comment here how difficult it was.

Libraries have free internet - you can find a lot things going for free

I'm fortunately employed and always have been but i suggest that some self-righteous working folk try living on 60 quid per week for 6 months and use the saved money to go on holiday and the other half for charity. And then comment here how difficult it was.

Well said.

I don't know how any one can live on that small amount of money it must be a sole destroying existence,I'm lucky I have always worked hard and done well in the past and never had to live on benefits, there must be no where to turn even buying the basic things in life would be a struggle never mined any pleasures in life, the money is supposed to help you in between jobs not as permanent life style,I'm sure most people on benefits would sooner be working and earning a wage,the problem with a lot of long term unemployed people is they don't have any skills or experience of work they have very little chance of getting a job, so they just get used to living on benefits.

What i find shocking is that anyone in this thread couldn't survive on £60 a week.

Taking in to account the time of year....

Electricity: £14

Gas: £10

Water: £5

That leaves £31 for food (or £4.42 per day). If a single person can't feed themselves on that then they are stupid.

What i find shocking is that anyone in this thread couldn't survive on £60 a week.

Taking in to account the time of year....

Electricity: £14

Gas: £10

Water: £5

That leaves £31 for food (or £4.42 per day). If a single person can't feed themselves on that then they are stupid.

I'm putting an average of £4 per day on my Gas, and £20 a week on the electric... I'm on meters, so pay a standing charge, but still :gag: I pay £8 per week for the water too x

Archived