How do you survive on £60 per week. ?

Luckier than those that got no increase in their wage at all last year or this ………….. its relative.

as you rightly say this thread is about benefits not wages there again I would imagine someone who works for a living and was offered £3 a week pay rise would have a few choice words to say on the subject,just think if Thatcher had not rid the country of those terrible union men the minimum wage would not have raised its ugly, demeaning head.

But you state that you are very glad never to shop at Primark again?? :o

that isn't beig materialistic, it is called being clothed.

Yes Scozzie, how dare you want clothes that stay in shape and don't come undone at the seams after one wash. How DARE you...

Sorry. I guess I could walk around with poorly fitting clothes with holes down the sides and thick, white thread unravelling with every step.......

having said that, I've just blown £100 on holiday clothes from Primark, Asda and Tesco. :hihi: (I hope they last me 3 weeks)

Like I said many haven’t had a pay rise for two years.

And like I said...just think if Thatcher etc etc I can just imagine the miners and steel workers agreeing to work without a pay rise at that time makes you wonder about the intestinal fortitude of current workers who do agree to work in that capacity...as Miriam Carlin used to say...Everybody Out

as you rightly say this thread is about benefits not wages there again I would imagine someone who works for a living and was offered £3 a week pay rise would have a few choice words to say on the subject,just think if Thatcher had not rid the country of those terrible union men the minimum wage would not have raised its ugly, demeaning head.

Presumably if someone offered you £150 extra a year you'd decline it then would you?

Archived