The hypocrisy of protesters and trespassers.

Just listening to the Dale farm eviction and I'm hearing a lot of complaints from the gypsys that the authorities are walking on land that is private in order tto evict the gypsies. why do the gypsies flout the trespass laws yet expect that same law to protect them.

Same goes with their supporters. They're wearing helmets and throwing bricks yet they whine that the police are using tasers. I'm all for protest but if you show resistence surely you should expect force.

Whaddya think?

Once the first brick is thrown, the lot of them should be subjected to water cannons and rubber bullets. Same applies to any protestors/rioters/criminals.

My heart is hurting for the travellers today and it just sums up how messed up our system is!
The've flouted planning laws end of!

I built a car port, the planners and buliding regs people were their within days (and found nothing wrong).

I put velux windows in my loft and low and behold within days the council officers were knocking on my door (Once again nothing wrong).

Travellers are not and should not be exempt from the law of the land!

So Romanian gypsies are the same ethnicity as Irish tinkers? Or was your statement rubbish?

I think the term 'tinker' refers to a trade not an ethnic group. Most of their nicknames derive from their applied trades. The word 'gypsy' is believed to have come from Egyptian.

How interesting was that? :hihi:

Because they needed somewhere to live and over the years the council have taken from them nearly every bit of land they had and when they stayed on the road the council moved them on.

These are people of our society like everyone else living in this country!

That's where your somewhat blinkered viewpoint falls down.

If they are people of of our society like everyone else, then how come they completely and repeatedly ignore the law, unlike the vast majority of everyone else. How come they want to be treated differently from everyone else.

They built there illegally, regardless of what justification you think of, they fought through the courts and lost, they've been asked to leave peacefully and chose not to. They now deserve everything that's coming to them in my opinion.

Let's be clear on this. The majority of those businesses that build/expand without planning permission, don't think 'I'll do it an get retrospective planning permission' in an attempt to save time, or costs. They do it with no intention of seeking permission, and with no regard for local residents, whether their actions are legal or not, and it is only after they are challenged, that they then apply for it.

We aren't talking about businesses though. If I build without permission I'll be treat exactly the same as the people living on Dale Farm.

Because they needed somewhere to live and over the years the council have taken from them nearly every bit of land they had and when they stayed on the road the council moved them on.

These are people of our society like everyone else living in this country!

No, they are not. They do not pay taxes and they do not obey the law - the are anything but people of our society and should be treated as such.

If they are refused any ground to set up the filthy sites, refused social services and other public amenities, they would soon realise they need to move to another country.

Archived