The hypocrisy of protesters and trespassers.

'Traveller' is an ethnic identity, not a description of what they do.

It's not though is it. I know that many people within the traveller community try and claim that it is, so that they can play the 'racist' card when they feel they are being marginalised or unfairly treated. But in reality 'Traveller' is much better described as a lifestyle choice than an ethnic identity.

These people choose to live the way they do. They choose to live off the grid and not pay anything into the system. Nobody is forcing them to live the way they do and neither are they born that way, and therein lies the difference.

No, they are not. They do not pay taxes and they do not obey the law - the are anything but people of our society and should be treated as such.

If they are refused any ground to set up the filthy sites, refused social services and other public amenities, they would soon realise they need to move to another country.

You advocating ethnic cleansing - fancy that!

It's not though is it. I know that many people within the traveller community try and claim that it is, so that they can play the 'racist' card when they feel they are being marginalised or unfairly treated. But in reality 'Traveller' is much better described as a lifestyle choice than an ethnic identity.

These people choose to live the way they do. They choose to live off the grid and not pay anything into the system. Nobody is forcing them to live the way they do and neither are they born that way, and therein lies the difference.

Utter rubbish - they are born into it, it's an ethnic identity.

You can choose to call yourself a traveller but the Irish Travellers we're talking about here are the sons and daughters of Irish Travellers going back hundreds of years.

Utter rubbish - they are born into it, it's an ethnic identity.

You can choose to call yourself a traveller but the Irish Travellers we're talking about here are the sons and daughters of Irish Travellers going back hundreds of years.

Ah, so they're Irish then. Makes them the same ethnicity as most of us.

Thanks for the tip but i am a law abiding citizen....

Maybe you should talk to all the druggies, cats and other people who so openly break the law EVERYDAY in a far more damaging way than building somewhere to live.....

Just a thought like :|

Tell you what, I will build my home in your garden. How would you feel about that?

That the law is applied unfairly - loads of other people (usually big companies) get planning permission granted retrospectively, but more than that I get angry that people treat travellers like scum. They're human beings - and It always makes me angry when fellow human beings are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision.
What, like the way you call the BNP and EDL types low-life scum and filth?

Or is it 'one rule for Halibut . . . .' ??? Of course it is :rolleyes:

Archived