The hypocrisy of protesters and trespassers.

Current and coming to the end of the last one. A continuous stream of families leaving because of being treated; in their eyes unfairly by a system that fails them, but i digress.

To look for a better life elsewhere, granted. It was your reference to slow starvation in the earlier post that threw me - I don't think many brits emigrated to avoid starvation...

Utter rubbish - they are born into it, it's an ethnic identity.

You can choose to call yourself a traveller but the Irish Travellers we're talking about here are the sons and daughters of Irish Travellers going back hundreds of years.

So they are of Irish ethnicity but descended from people who chose to lead a nomadic lifestyle. How exactly does that make them a different ethnic group to to any other white Europeans?

If they wanted to they could choose to live a different way, but they don't, and this is why I have a problem with the classification of travellers as an ethnic group in its own right.

. . . . . I get angry that people treat travellers like scum. They're human beings - and It always makes me angry when fellow human beings are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision.

What, like the way you call the BNP and EDL types low-life scum and filth?

Or is it 'one rule for Halibut . . . .' ??? Of course it is :rolleyes:

That's entirely justified. They are.

Your hypocrisy is profound to the point of being farcical.

No hypocrisy there.
No, it’s entirely hypocritical.

What you should have said, rather than: “They're human beings - and It always makes me angry when fellow human beings are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision

Should have been: “It always makes me angry when fellow human beings I like are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision, but I’m happy to call people I don’t like filth and scum

Just to be clear :)

Archived