The hypocrisy of protesters and trespassers.

Not strictly true, they live to a different set of standards and rules which is why they are recognised as an ethnic group. They rarely mix with outsiders and they're children are not in general schooled within the system. They make it very difficult for themselves to be accepted.

Along with many other members of our society who instead of being evicted are giving their own school, places of worship, banks etc etc.

If we are all to live together peacefully then the same approach should be made for all and not just the cherry picked ones :)

Because they needed somewhere to live and over the years the council have taken from them nearly every bit of land they had and when they stayed on the road the council moved them on.

These are people of our society like everyone else living in this country!

So why can't they behave like everyone else in this country and only build when they have permission to do so? (That's not strictly true, lots of people chance it and then the local council force them to knock it down again, but we don't get all excited about that).

That the law is applied unfairly - loads of other people (usually big companies) get planning permission granted retrospectively, but more than that I get angry that people treat travellers like scum. They're human beings - and It always makes me angry when fellow human beings are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision.

You mean how you treat some people on here?

Ain't that what the cops are doing at the minute? :hihi:

In a fashion yes,

Its just a shame that they did not take a firmer hand in the riots, ya know, those people who WERE burning down our cities and WERE looting our shops and WERE blantently breaking the law as the police stood by.

As i said, cherry picking at its best.

Along with many other members of our society who instead of being evicted are giving their own school, places of worship, banks etc etc.

If we are all to live together peacefully then the same approach should be made for all and not just the cherry picked ones :)

What group is it that are exempt from planning permission then?

That the law is applied unfairly - loads of other people (usually big companies) get planning permission granted retrospectively, but more than that I get angry that people treat travellers like scum. They're human beings - and It always makes me angry when fellow human beings are demonised, ill treated and made objects of scorn and derision.

I don't agree with victimisation either but they remain separated from society, its all cloak and dagger which makes it very hard for people to generate any sympathy for them. No one is asking them to come party but if they did integrate a bit more than they do, it might help their cause. They deliberately remain within their own community and live to a set of standards alien to most.

In a fashion yes,

Its just a shame that they did not take a firmer hand in the riots, ya know, those people who WERE burning down our cities and WERE looting our shops and WERE blantently breaking the law as the police stood by.

As i said, cherry picking at its best.

The ones who have now been given what appear to be excessive jail terms for the crimes they committed... Those are the ones who got special treatment?

So why can't they behave like everyone else in this country and only build when they have permission to do so? (That's not strictly true, lots of people chance it and then the local council force them to knock it down again, but we don't get all excited about that).

It's mainly businesses that do this. When the time for the hearing comes, they will use every low tactic in the book, like saying 'jobs will be lost if this expansion doesn't go through, the high walls, barriers, security will stop anti-social behaviour, etc'. It's like a broken record.

Archived