Absent tenants-is this common

:) That had crossed my mind but the people who visit are a woman and her teenage son. Not wanting to stereotype but they don't look like your average cannabis farmer.

That and they're only there about half a hour, so not sure if that enough time to tend their crop or whatever these farmers do.

This house isnt on badger close by any chance is it ????????

This is what I’ve actually done about the situation.

Bear in mind that when the last tenants were here you could hear them quite easily, not that they were noisy-it’s just how easy sound travels between the houses.

This woman comes with a young lad, so I’m assuming that he is put down as living with her, but you never hear anything from the house. There’s never any washing out (so how are they washing, especially if the kid is at school with PE kits etc) and the bin is never taken down.

Also there is never a light on-so how are they going about there business in the evening (cooking, homework and the other stuff)?

Now, bearing in mind there is no way that anyone is living there, when I have contacted the HA they have either ignored me or claimed that the tenants are living there.

So basically I’m of the opinion that the HA are quite happy with the situation and are happy to take the money each month from the government.

What is worse in my opinion is that this HA is supposed to be a charity that takes in those in need of housing-so there is someone in genuine need of housing who are missing out.

Anyway, sorry for not giving the full picture straight away as I was just curious as to other peoples experience of this.

it's not the housing assoc, but these people you need to contact

I contacted the HA first in the misguided assumption that they have morals, but I was greatly mistaken.

As for the DWP been there as well. That's why I'm really confused. No-one lives there for definite-yet they are not doing anything wrong.

Basically, if they are simply renting the property out and not living there, then that's down to the HA. Yet, I cannot see any reason other than for claiming benefits that they would go to that much trouble-yet he DWP seem to not to be interested either.

Also, on the website there are probably about 5 things I could fill in-that's how little we see of her.

I think you will find a lot of the time despite the adverts on the TV the DSS and Councils are not at all interested. We had a tennant who was blatently living with her boyfriend (who was working) and claiming housing benefit,Jobseekers etc When we notified the Council and DSS they couldn't have cared less.

I think you will find a lot of the time despite the adverts on the TV the DSS and Councils are not at all interested. We had a tennant who was blatently living with her boyfriend (who was working) and claiming housing benefit,Jobseekers etc When we notified the Council and DSS they couldn't have cared less.

That's the impression I get also. Bearing in mind that as far as I'm concerned this could quite easily be proven just by a few quick visits through the week at times when people are most likely to be in.

Archived