Geoffrey Robinson MP in dangerous dogs debate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-15359487

He is backing constituent Sarah Foskett, whose daughter Alisha needed more than 30 stitches after she was bitten by a Staffordshire bull terrier.....

...."When this incident was reported, an officer from the local Neighbourhood Team spoke to the injured girl's parents and obtained the full details."

Alisha, who was eight at the time of the attack, suffered injuries to her face and throat.

An online petition has been set up to raise awareness of what Ms Foskett has described as a "loophole" in the law, adding that Alisha has been "scarred for life".

These vicious "nanny" dogs regularly attack children. Let's fight to get them banned and the idiots that want them prone to criminal law if they keep them.

The Dangerous Dogs Act goes back to 1997. Presumably Robinson wasn't that bothered about it for 13 years of a Labour government, being more concerned with lending Peter Mandelson money for a home.

I don't think these dogs "regularly" attack children. If they did then Robinson's previous complacency would be a lot more reprehensible. I think they should be controlled and even licenced. There are two many sad males who think the possession of one of these dogs is a sign of hardness although it always means it's a subsitute for intelligence. I would target the owners more than the dogs. The dogs aren't necessarily dangerous. Bad ownership by sad cases leads to cases like the one highlighted.

what were the circumstances of when she was bitten? I would think most of these attacks happen when a child is left unsupervised with dogs, you poke a dog in the eye it's gonna bite you. the animal is getting the blame when most likely it is bad parenting

So it's fine to have facial scars for life if an eight year old kid doesn't know how dangerous these dogs are?

Drrrrrr

Archived