Geoffrey Robinson MP in dangerous dogs debate

As I said earlier in this thread, "My opinion on staffies is based on the media reports I see, and the behaviour of staffies and their owners that I see as I go about my daily business. This is how I know staffies are a dangerous breed and staffy owners are more likely to train their dogs to be vicious."

Would you like me to explain what the word "evidence" means?

No it's ok it's clear you knowledge is limited.

As I said earlier in this thread, "My opinion on staffies is based on the media reports I see, and the behaviour of staffies and their owners that I see as I go about my daily business. This is how I know staffies are a dangerous breed and staffy owners are more likely to train their dogs to be vicious."

so you are agreeing you have evidence of nothing? you have an opinion based on no interaction with dogs except seeing pictures and videos:hihi:

Where is your reply to the links posted by murphy? Oh I see! we ignore "evidence" that doesn't fit with your crazy assertions?

All this is really is association. The same dog on a lead with a 37 year old business woman at it's side would go by unnoticed.

so you are agreeing you have evidence of nothing? you have an opinion based on no interaction with dogs except seeing pictures and videos:hihi:

Where is your reply to the links posted by murphy? Oh I see! we ignore "evidence" that doesn't fit with your crazy assertions?

I know wikipedia's not exactly 100% reliable, but it defines evidence like this;

"Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are either (a) presumed to be true, or (b) were themselves proven via evidence, to demonstrate an assertion's truth. "

So incidents I have personally witnessed count as evidence. So do confirmed media reports I read in papers, see on TV or hear on the radio, or online.

All these things have convinced me and most other sensible people that staffies are an inherently dangerous breed and should be banned.

Do you understand yet?

I know wikipedia's not exactly 100% reliable, but it defines evidence like this;

"Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are either (a) presumed to be true, or (b) were themselves proven via evidence, to demonstrate an assertion's truth. "

So incidents I have personally witnessed count as evidence. So do confirmed media reports I read in papers, see on TV or hear on the radio, or online.

All these things have convinced me and most other sensible people that staffies are an inherently dangerous breed and should be banned.

Do you understand yet?

evidence of what. No-one I repeat no-one said that no dogs bite. That is the only thing you have evidence of!

If you are claiming you have evidence that staffys are lethal killing machines, check the links we posted that show evidence that you are wrong. You can't decide yours is evidence and ours isn't-thats evidence of idiocy!

Do you understand yet or is your willful ignorance and selective reading some kind of illness

Do you understand yet?

Which means that where one dog would be guilty another would be innocent not that the evidence of one incident should then be taken as proof that all are guilty.

what we should do instead is look to the reintroduction of dog licenses, compulsory chipping of all dogs and on-the-spot seizure of dogs which are not registered and chipped. No lawful caring dog owner should object to that.

Jesus Christmas, I agree with him :o

Archived