Geoffrey Robinson MP in dangerous dogs debate

Yeah but the idea that they've been floating is one per dog, why not per household the same as a TV licence.

Why not? The main thing is that the owner can be traced. At present if a dog attacks someone or is aggressive to people the owner can only usually be traced if they go to the council pound to collect it. If chipped and registered the owner could be traced whether or not they come to collect the dog.

Why not? The main thing is that the owner can be traced. At present if a dog attacks someone or is aggressive to people the owner can only usually be traced if they go to the council pound to collect it. If chipped and registered the owner could be traced whether or not they come to collect the dog.

Assuming it hasn't changed owners a dozen times which is not uncommon, and it's currently to easy to deny ownership chipped or not as there's no means to prove it.

Assuming it hasn't changed owners a dozen times which is not uncommon, and it's currently to easy to deny ownership chipped or not as there's no means to prove it.

How about a V5 equivalent? If you don't transfer ownership if you sell or give away the dog, any future legal action is taken against you as the last registered owner.

How about a V5 equivalent? If you don't transfer ownership if you sell or give away the dog, any future legal action is taken against you as the last registered owner.

Works for me and if you move house they could be re-registered to the new address also

These vicious "nanny" dogs regularly attack children. Let's fight to get them banned and the idiots that want them prone to criminal law if they keep them.

I didn't read the entire thread due to it going off topic but i have to say i totally disagree with you Wath. If your OP is truly what you think about the Stafford breed, then you are uneducated and also bigoted.

Your argument also fails due to the attack being on private land. I wouldn't wander on to private land if i thought there was a danger of being attacked by a dog.

Which is exactly what a Staffordshire bull terrier is.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=769564

Always seems to be a staffy, doesn't it?

Welcome back rickie. Once again you have crawled from under your rock to try and demonize the Staffie again. You make me sick! Not once have you even tried to research the breed itself, yet you come on here and spew your drivel to all and sundry. By posting your bile, you encourage hatred to the breed. You are far more dangerous than any Staffy that ever lived.

I wish i could post what i really think of you.

I don't get why they are status dogs. If i wanted a dog to scare people I'd get a doberman or something

I would go one further and opt for a Rhodesian Ridgeback.

"He discovers that some owners deliberately train and abuse their animals to make them vicious attack dogs"

or more evidence that it is the owners who are the problem, not the dogs :rolleyes:

Rickie will never acknowledge that though. He is a bigot.

In general, I like dogs.

I dislike dogs designed to attack. Being attacked by a killer 'nanny' dog was the last straw for me. It wasn't a bad owner and I didn't do anything to the dog past try to stop it humping my leg, using a gentle voice and a hand with gentle pressure to push it.

No slap, no shouting but a head case killer 'nanny' dog that I, as a fully grown, non wimp, male could hardly hold off me.

It it wasn't for the heavy leather collar, I would have been badly bitten.

The was a dog that had shown no previous bad behaviour and usually came up and licked me.

I worry for the children of the idiots who keep these dangerous beasts, claiming they make lovely nannies.

It's like have a nanny with bipolar disease and an axe.

Like any dog then

Archived