Morrisons prize giveaway

My personal opinion the draw would have been better done in public, and those who have receipts should have been allowed to the draw, and people could see winners. The way the system works at the moment is you type a number from your receipt into the website, and it simply says sorry you haven't won this time. If I had the time I'd type in every number, just to see, but I haven't. I just think its an easy way to con people, and I don't know wether they are or they aren't. I was wondering if anyone hasn't got the internet, how are they meant to check their numbers.

All the numbers for the draws are displayed in the entrance of all the Morrisons shops, as you would see if you had actually been in one.

So maybe if you took a trip down to one, you could write down the numbers and enter them on to the Internet thus saving you time.

Holsten pills was retailing at Morrisons for £3.48 for 4 tins on Friday, £3 on Saturday and £3.48 today. £3 at ASDA today.

All in all, I'd rather shop at Morrisons and brew my own beer.

You can get a loaf of bread there for 60p, and they seem to treat staff and customers that bit better than the others, although they do fence off their bins like the others, perhaps they could follow the likes of Sainsbury's and donate food to Fareshare, rather than waste it.

Supermarkets have become a necessarily evil. For the sake of a few pence I'd rather shop at Morrisons than ASDA, and perhaps some single mother working part time whilst her children are at school, even though it is not necessary in the grand scheme of things for her to work, whilst she is raising children at least, might get £100 in her back pocket.

Yeah, but how much is the lemonade?

jb

My personal opinion the draw would have been better done in public, and those who have receipts should have been allowed to the draw, and people could see winners. The way the system works at the moment is you type a number from your receipt into the website, and it simply says sorry you haven't won this time. If I had the time I'd type in every number, just to see, but I haven't. I just think its an easy way to con people, and I don't know wether they are or they aren't. I was wondering if anyone hasn't got the internet, how are they meant to check their numbers.

This all seems typical of their approach to offers,deals,promotions,customers - I wouldnt trust them based on my experiences over the last few years - I've stopped going!

Well thanks everyone, maybe it isn't a con after all. That is a good way of doing it I suppose. I did go in, but only only on the first day of the draw, and I checked my numbers on line.

I will say also Morrisons has a brilliant deal in the cafe after 4 O' clock. They have 2 meals for £8 including drinks, and if you have kids they eat free.

The Supermarket have promised to give away £300 at every store every day until the end of the month, this is written in the terms and conditions of the game therefore Morrisons will have to adhere to it, therefore yes I believe the competition to be a genuine one and i'd imagine we will see a list of winners some time soon either in the supermarkets themselves or in the local wragg.

So they're trying to lure people into their crummy shop and make people try to buy their extortionate food on the slimest chance of winning £300. Do you think their takings will be down £300 at the end of every day? I suspect they wouldn't even notice.

Archived