Overtaking a Hearse

It is a matter of morals and decency; you're free to overtake a slow moving vehicle that just happens to contain a coffin on its way to a funeral with the family in a seperate vehicle right behind, thats your prerogative, but people will make judgment on you.

On what basis is that judgement being made? What exactly is immoral and indecent about overtaking a hearse. Why exactly should grieving relatives be offended? Which part of a car driving past do you think is offensive?

jb

On what basis is that judgement being made? What exactly is immoral and indecent about overtaking a hearse. Why exactly should grieving relatives be offended? Which part of a car driving past do you think is offensive?

jb

In our culture I'm sure most people would consider it insensitive to say the least. Its just generally not the done thing.

I know there is a concerted effort by the left to remove all the sentimentality from the issue of death, but it wont catch on.

Why is it insensitive? What if I deviated from my route to get ahead would that also be insensitive as the outcome is the same? Or would that be OK as I haven't actually passed the hearse?

jb

Directly passing the hearse and/or deliberatly getting yourself in between the hearse and the vehicle containing the family of the deceased would be considered crass and insensitive by most people.

You're saying it's wrong, but you are yet to answer the 'why'.

If you, and some others on here dont know the answer, then no ammount of explanation will do any good.

It is called respect, for yourself, and your fellow man.

If you dont have that, then you are a lost cause.

If you, and some others on here dont know the answer, then no ammount of explanation will do any good.

It is called respect, for yourself, and your fellow man.

If you dont have that, then you are a lost cause.

I see. So basically the answer is "Just cos".

It was a pretty simply question. I don't see why anyone would refuse to answer it unless they don't have an aswer.

If you can't say why, just say so. There's no harm in not having an answer.

It is about morals and decency; what is moral and decent I suppose is a subjective matter, so asking me why is a bit of a waste of time as I'm only giving you my opinion.

Archived