Overtaking a Hearse

This forum is the most depressing place to be sometimes. It's just so sad that there are so many people who lack basic morals and decency and are in such a hurry to get to where they're going that they can't hang back and let a funeral procession proceed in a dignified way without screaming past them. And think it's clever to do so and to mock people who still do have a bit of consideration for people who are probably going through one of the worst days of their lives.

So you assume just because someone legally and safely overtakes a funeral procession they lack morals and decency.

I think you would change your mind if someone you loved died because the fire engine took 60 seconds longer than necessary to get to you, just because it was stuck behind a 1000 car traffic jam.

This forum is the most depressing place to be sometimes. It's just so sad that there are so many people who lack basic morals and decency and are in such a hurry to get to where they're going that they can't hang back and let a funeral procession proceed in a dignified way without screaming past them. And think it's clever to do so and to mock people who still do have a bit of consideration for people who are probably going through one of the worst days of their lives.

It is depressing. Some people see suffering relatives and friends being carried to a funeral. But others see objects that are simply in the way.

Screaming past them? Mocking people? You should work for a tabloid with that sort of sensationalism and exaggeration.

Look, if you want to overtake funeral processions then do so.

It is just that the rest of us dont want to.

If upsetting recently bereaved people is your bag, then go for it.

Did I say I want to do it? The rest don't want to? So you speak for everybody now do you? You really do have a massive ego don't you.

I wouldn't be upset if I was with the funeral party and a car overtook. Just because you would be upset, doesn't mean that everyone else would be either. I don't get what is so upsetting about a car overtaking on the road. That's what they're supposed to do.

Look, if you want to stay behind a funeral processions then do so.

It is just that the rest of us don’t want to.

If causing traffic problems gives you please go for it, but all you are doing is creating a bigger traffic jams that will be harder for more caring drivers to negotiate.

Did I say I want to do it? The rest don't want to? So you speak for everybody now do you? You really do have a massive ego don't you.

I wouldn't be upset if I was with the funeral party and a car overtook. Just because you would be upset, doesn't mean that everyone else would be either. I don't get what is so upsetting about a car overtaking on the road. That's what they're supposed to do.

To overtake a cortege what speed would you need to be doing? You would need to blast past at well over the limit.

You are just feeling guilty because you have made a fool of yourself by overtaking.

To overtake a cortege what speed would you need to be doing? You would need to blast past at well over the limit.

You are just feeling guilty because you have made a fool of yourself by overtaking.

They usually travel at half the posted speed limit so they are easy to overtake without blasting past.

Look, if you want to stay behind a funeral processions then do so.

It is just that the rest of us don’t want to.

If causing traffic problems gives you please go for it, but all you are doing is creating a bigger traffic jams that will be harder for more caring drivers to negotiate.

I dont where you drive around, but I think in nearly 40 years of driving, I have been held up about three times by funerals.

Lighten up for gods sake.

Wow, you need to blast past them now in order to overtake do you? Interesting.

I have never overtaken a funeral procession. I simply do not have a problem with it. There's a difference. You may want to stop making things up.

So everyone that disagrees with you aren’t decent and caring members of our society. That’s an interesting theory.

Not so.

If you would care to read my post - carefully this time - you will realise your mistake.

Archived