Overtaking a Hearse

OK, you made a fool of yourself and feel guilty now.

Dont expect any sypathy from me.

You are a disrespectful ****.

No I haven't, I don't feel guilty and I don't require sympathy,

Why do you consider it desrespectfull to overtake.

I think the grieving family of the deceased that you overtake might not agree with you that there's no disrespect to anyone.

Why is it disrespectful? I've been in several funeral precessions and didn't feel disrespected when other road users overtook us. Funeral cars are always being overtaken; I can't recall seeing any other driver staying behind when it is safe to overtake. I spend 8 hours a day on the roads, and generally drivers overtake.

I think the grieving family of the deceased that you overtake might not agree with you that there's no disrespect to anyone.

It happened to us at my mum's funeral, only even worse. Somebody tried to cut in to between the hearse and the first limo which I was in. On a day like that it's just one more thing you don't need. Frustrating and upsetting. Sadly I think people have trouble understanding that. But my guess is they would only fully understand if they had to experience it for themselves.

It happened to us at my mum's funeral, only even worse. Somebody tried to cut in to between the hearse and the first limo which I was in. On a day like that it's just one more thing you don't need. Frustrating and upsetting. Sadly I think people have trouble understanding that. But my guess is they would only fully understand if they had to experience it for themselves.

I can understand your anger in those circumstances, the driver that overtook you should have only overtaken if they could overtake the whole precession safely. When overtaking you should not make another vehicle change speed or position.

I can understand your anger in those circumstances, the driver that overtook you should have only overtaken if they could overtake the whole precession safely. When overtaking you should not make another vehicle change speed or position.

It wasn't about how well they followed the highway code. They probably didn't technically do anything wrong. It was about another car being in between the car carrying my mum to be buried and the car carrying her husband and children.

It can't be distilled into a basic technical analysis of somebody's driving.

On our way home yesterday i saw a van "tailgating" a hearse, then getting grumpy because he couldnt overtake it...:rolleyes:

Thought id seen it all, no consideration to the poor family, no respect for the deceased...:(

Is this the way society is getting, if so beam me up scotty...:(

Id never overtake a hearse. In fact ive been known to slow down for one in the left hand lane and hold up all the traffic behind me in the right hand lane just so i dont overtake:hihi:

It wasn't about how well they followed the highway code. They probably didn't technically do anything wrong. It was about another car being in between the car carrying my mum to be buried and the car carrying her husband and children.

It can't be distilled into a basic technical analysis of somebody's driving.

Funeral cars always travel close, so anyone overtaking and cutting in-between the precession is driving badly. They are showing disrespect for the rights of other road users regardless as the whether it is a funeral precession.

Id never overtake a hearse. In fact ive been known to slow down for one in the left hand lane and hold up all the traffic behind me in the right hand lane just so i dont overtake:hihi:

Wilful obstruction of the highway is a Road Traffic Offence.

Archived